Is it possible to remove the MT-07 restrictions?

EyalKadosh

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this community, and hope to find my way here :)
Just a little background: I am a complete newbie when it comes to technical information on motorcycles. I simply have the passion to motorcycles, but not the technical knowledge about their mechanics.

I'm just about to purchase a restricted Yamaha MT-07, and I wanted to know (for future reference), if it's possible to remove the restrictions for that bike (75HP instead of ~48)?

If it's possible, what doe's it take to remove these restrictions? I've done a lot research work by searching in this forum and in Google. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any simple answer for these questions.

I've also contacted the Yamaha dealer in my area, and he said that it's impossible to remove the restrictions, however, he was a "simple" sales representative and I didn't got the feeling that he is a technical expert.

In some places I saw something about rev/throttle limiter, the term "bore" was also mentioned in some relation to the restrictions.
I've also saw the following:
MotorSport ECU Tuning | ECU Reflashing | ECU Remapping | Chip Tuning
The ECU is related to the MT-07 restrictions, or it's just a tuning kit to boost it's power?
Doe's removing the restrictions for the MT-07 require a professional mechanic and expensive tuning experts?

I'm sorry about the extremely long post, but I really want to check everything before I'm investing so much money on it.

Thanks in advance!

EyalKadosh

Update: I've contacted the dealer again, and now someone there told me that it "shouldn't be a problem to remove the restrictions, but he can't tell for sure" (Such a bad response from someone that should be 100% familiar with this bike....

So, it seems like I won't find my answer through the dealer. Hope that this is the place :)

Larskiainen

This bike is restricted by limiting throttle movement (unless you live in Australia or as far as I can remeber those bike have different system, cylinder size is 650cc instead of 689cc etc.). There is a shiny little L-shaped plade on the left side of bike with two screws. Just screw it out and let it go.

EyalKadosh

This bike is restricted by limiting throttle movement (unless you live in Australia or as far as I can remeber those bike have different system, cylinder size is 650cc instead of 689cc etc.). There is a shiny little L-shaped plade on the left side of bike with two screws. Just screw it out and let it go.
The dealer said something about changing the ECU, so I'm a bit confused. There is a chance that in some countries the bikes are limited differently? (Except from Australia)