Leovince Exhaust on EBay

dazzor

Sorry but for that price I rather order the akrapovic made for this bike.. looks better and gives you that extra HP. For that extra 20% of cash I think its worth it...
Ha ha, so which other bikes is this LeoVince system going to fit? I ask as you're inferring it wasn't made for the bike, lol :)

Also, do we know stats yet for the performance impact of the Leo system? I don't but I do know LeoVince are usually comparable with their competitors. For all I know, this system might fair better on increased BHP and weight....again, have we got specs yet?

To be fair, I can't contest the subjective stuff....You prefer the look of the Akra system, that alone I can understand....Is it worth the extra and with what appears to be a fairly miserable baffle system that is ridiculously hard to remove.

I wonder if the Leo system has a decent baffle/removal set-up?

Last edited:

da1kini

Ha ha, so which other bikes is this LeoVince system going to fit? I ask as you're inferring it wasn't made for the bike, lol :)

Also, do we know stats yet for the performance impact of the Leo system? I don't but I do know LeoVince are usually comparable with their competitors. For all I know, this system might fair better on increased BHP and weight....again, have we got specs yet?

To be fair, I can't contest the subjective stuff....You prefer the look of the Akra system, that alone I can understand....Is it worth the extra and with what appears to be a fairly miserable baffle system that is ridiculously hard to remove.

I wonder if the Leo system has a decent baffle/removal set-up?
What I meant was that the leo system looks bad and the akra looks great. And both systems are made for this bike (never said it wasn't...) but the akra blends in with the bike and give you a nice look. The leo system looks like something made up by a 3 year old...
And for that little difference in money I would buy the Akra 10 out of 10 times... I will wait for a system around €500-550 to be made that does complement the bike rather than make it look like a joke....

regarding extra HP and effect and less weight I would think its sage to say the Akra is a better choice all together at this stage on the market, cause I can't see any one else done a dyno on the other brands?

Last edited:

dazzor

What I meant was that the leo system looks bad and the akra looks great. And yes maybe they both are made for this bike but the akra blends in with the bike and give you a nice look. The leo system looks like something made up by a 3 year old...
And for that little difference in money I would buy the Akra 10 out of 10 times... I will wait for a system around €500-550 to me made that does complement the bike rather than make it look like a joke....
Agreed, as I said, I can't contest the subjective side of your original comment about the looks...but the bit about the lack of increase in power, not sure where you're getting the notion from that the Leo system will not add similar gains from?....again, as that is what you inferred.

I prefer the Akrapovic system looks too and if it wasn't for the God awful baffle affair, I'd be inclined to order it.....but for that sort of money I want stuff like that to work properly.

Last edited:

mrirvs

The carbon can Akra is also on eBay from a German seller I think for £630 all in, now that one looks stunning. These don't seem to be type approved and no mention of a cat, depends on your view but I am seriously thinking about it.

mrirvs

MTC in the UK also have an exhaust system for the MT but the silencer options are seriously pants, the down pipes look fabulous. However sub £500 might be inviting for some

rappetor

Personally I think the Leovince exhaust looks 'ok'.. Saying it looks like it's designed by a 3 year old is a bit harsh :). Akrapovic is a lot nicer, but also quite expensive. For me the sound (and obviously performance) is more important, so I'm waiting for more youtube video's to show up before I order something. So far Leovince exhausts do not disappoint in both sound and performance..

da1kini

Agreed, as I said, I can't contest the subjective side of your original comment about the looks...but the bit about the lack of increase in power, not sure where you're getting the notion from that the Leo system will not add similar gains from?....again, as that is what you inferred.

I prefer the Akrapovic system looks too and if it wasn't for the God awful baffle affair, I'd be inclined to order it.....but for that sort of money I want stuff like that to work properly.
I did comment on hp and Dyno that but your quote missed it. If the leo vince gained similar effect why havent they advertised it as such? Show me a Dyno with the leo or any other after market exhaust at this stage. All i said was if you can't wait put in that extra cash and buy the akra. Otherwise wait for the market to catch up :)

da1kini

Personally I think the Leovince exhaust looks 'ok'.. Saying it looks like it's designed by a 3 year old is a bit harsh :). Akrapovic is a lot nicer, but also quite expensive. For me the sound (and obviously performance) is more important, so I'm waiting for more youtube video's to show up before I order something. So far Leovince exhausts do not disappoint in both sound and performance..
Yes it is harsh and I do believe it looks "ok" but not more. It does not complement the bike. :)

dazzor

I did comment on hp and Dyno that but your quote missed it. If the leo vince gained similar effect why havent they advertised it as such? Show me a Dyno with the leo or any other after market exhaust at this stage. All i said was if you can't wait put in that extra cash and buy the akra. Otherwise wait for the market to catch up :)
I don't want to labour this but I read your initial post and it was ambiguous to say the least, in my opinion. A prime example being you saying the Akrapovic is made for the bike....only later, in a subsequent post did you clarify that you actually meant that IN YOUR OPINION the Akrapovic LOOKS like it suits the bike better than the Leo....I happen to agree but that's not the point I'm making.

As far as I can tell the Leo system is hot off the press and not even fully marketed in the UK.

I'm sure that in the fullness of time dyno reports will be aplenty....I suspect there will be little in it between them.

Mate, it's a free will planet (mostly), to each their own.....exhaust system in this case, ha ha.