Maxton prices

KEVINJSTANLEY

Hi all

just got back from speaking to the guys at Maxton, the following applies to the mt07.
front forks need to have a new catridge
GP20 CARTRIDGE 365 + VAT
SERVICE COST 115+VAT
SEAL 25+VAT
This gives you a installed new fork setup

rear
3 options
NR4 NEW SHOCKER NO REMOTE 425 +VAT
RT10 WITH REMOTE 595+VAT
GP10 DOGS BOLLOCKS 740 +VAT

BOTH FRONT AND REAR ARE SET UP TO YOUR STYLE AND WEIGHT

Question: are there any current bikes out there that has a better suspension both front and rear that will fit the MT 07

Gaz2212

Kevin, I went to maxton over the winter for them to design the fitment for the 07, they fitted me the front fork cartridges and on the rear the rt10.
The ride is now brilliant, totally transformed the bike, so much more confidence in the corners, no more hoping theres no bump or potholes around the corner the bike just takes it all now and you can push it so much harder now, on acceleration the front doesn't go any where near as light or want to lift unless you want it to, the back doesn't go all soft and vague when you accelerate hard.
You can also use the engine braking better as the front doesnt dive and you can also brake a lot harder because the front is sprung correctly.
The only thing i would say is just go for the nr4 rear shock, once they set the shock for you there is no need to touch anything, I only had the rt10 because Richard was doing the fitment for it, I have played with the adjustments but keep ending back at the original settings. They also raised the ride height on the rear by 5mm, this in turn reduced the rake on the front allowing you to turn in quicker.
I know its an expensive mod but believe me its well worth it and bonus Maxton are not far from you.
Gaz

Last edited:

Noggie

I will ride my bike stock this summer since its my first bike, and since I probably wont be getting much further than the break in period this year due to work, but knowing myself I will probably want to upgrade the suspension, even if I have only done 70km on the bike I think the front has too much travel, haven't tested the limits of the rear yet, but from the comments others have made I think I will end up with a new rear shock..

The bike is slightly on the tall side for me, I'm 5.10 (1.74m) and probably with short legs so I dont get both feet fully on the ground, not tip-toeing but rising it is totally out of the question.

There is a guy on there who lowered his about 20mm with a kit from Hyperpro, that may be a bit more than I need, but I think I might give that or some other suspension upgrade a go as a winter project.

KEVINJSTANLEY

maxton details

Kevin, I went to maxton over the winter for them to design the fitment for the 07, they fitted me the front fork cartridges and on the rear the rt10.
The ride is now brilliant, totally transformed the bike, so much more confidence in the corners, no more hoping theres no bump or potholes around the corner the bike just takes it all now and you can push it so much harder now, on acceleration the front doesn't go any where near as light or want to lift unless you want it to, the back doesn't go all soft and vague when you accelerate hard.
You can also use the engine braking better as the front doesnt dive and you can also brake a lot harder because the front is sprung correctly.
The only thing i would say is just go for the nr4 rear shock, once they set the shock for you there is no need to touch anything, I only had the rt10 because Richard was doing the fitment for it, I have played with the adjustments but keep ending back at the original settings. They also raised the ride height on the rear by 5mm, this in turn reduced the rake on the front allowing you to turn in quicker.
I know its an expensive mod but believe me its well worth it and bonus Maxton are not far from you.
Gaz
Hi Gaz
thanks for the info, I had come to the conclusion that NR4 would be fine ...as you say they are the experts and set it up for your style...as he said I could always come back if I wanted it tweaking.
The cost is meggar, especially when you think you are going into Triumph prices [I was unsure whether to get a street before I bought this]
however even the triumph will not have so good a suspension set up should I do the Maxton,
so far I have spent 6200 on the bike 700 on Akra, 60 on bulldog rad cover, 100 on quick action throttle, 120 on tail tidy and flashers. so include 1100 suspension and you are talking triumph street price.
but I don't think I am sorry, the mt is proving to be fun and the extras.....well everyone does it ...don't they ? :)
cheers

kev

Noggie

Hi Gaz
thanks for the info, I had come to the conclusion that NR4 would be fine ...as you say they are the experts and set it up for your style...as he said I could always come back if I wanted it tweaking.
The cost is meggar, especially when you think you are going into Triumph prices [I was unsure whether to get a street before I bought this]
however even the triumph will not have so good a suspension set up should I do the Maxton,
so far I have spent 6200 on the bike 700 on Akra, 60 on bulldog rad cover, 100 on quick action throttle, 120 on tail tidy and flashers. so include 1100 suspension and you are talking triumph street price.
but I don't think I am sorry, the mt is proving to be fun and the extras.....well everyone does it ...don't they ? :)
cheers

kev
I guess you would not leave that Triumph alone though would you :)
And with the mod's the MT is probably better than the standard Triumph.