MT-07 performance in a different climate...

Unsterbliche

Most of the MT-07's owners are in the UK with the normal UK cold weather, but how will the MT cope with a different climate, such as a warmer climate at altitude? I stay in a hot climate with temps hitting high 20s and into the 30s most of the time at an altitude of 1350m above sea level. Will this have a dramatic effect on the performance of that twin or not so much that I won't be able to notice it?

Phil_B

Not sure about altitude but I think my MT runs best warmed up and on a warm day (above 20). But, maybe that's just it's rider!

I assume modern fuel injected bikes are better able to cope with less dense air.

Ralph

You loose about 3% of you power for every 1000 ft you go up, so at 8000 Ft you loose around 1/4 of your power
engines are rated at 70F you loose power for higher temps but gain it for lower, cant lay my hands on the charts
but seem to think you loose 17% of your power at 90F the good bit is that the injection system will lean the mixture
to match so things wont be as bad as with a carb engine that would start to run rich and so compound the problem.

PeaceMaker

I drive it in Portugal.. not high altitude but there are many 30+ days.. While moving the temp never gets higher than 82/83.. While standing you get 105/108 very quickly.. then the fan starts and cools it down..

Performance wise, never noticed any difference... injection advantage vs carburettor :)