MT 07 Silverstone meet

strelk112

Hello everyone; I run the Official MT 07 UK owners club and would like to invite all forum members to our first official meet! It's on the 8-10 of April but mainly the 10th. It's being held at Silverstone during the BSB weekend. We'll have a marquee there with food and refreshments. As well as all weekend tickets you'll get free VIP infield parking and other extras. For more details contact me or go to the event page link below! Cheers and I hope to see you there!
https://www.facebook.com/events/1684334358476004/

Eddieh93

Hi Strelk112, thanks for thinking of us, didn't even realize an MT-07 owners club existed until now.

You now have a new member or will do when I sign up.

The 10th is the best day you reckon? As I will need to book a day off work, anyone else going?

Discostew

Sounds good booking it off will be a bit off a ride up so depends on weather any meet up points on the way ? I be coming up from Dorset way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJ63

Forgive the cynic in me, but how is your club any more official than we are on here? I don't see any official Yamaha endorsement...

bobh

There's also a Yamaha MT Owners Club (Yamaha MT Owners Club - MT Owners Club) which has an MT-07 section. Though to be fair it mainly caters for the original MT-01 and to a lesser extent MT-03. And as far as I can see that doesn't have any official Yamaha endorsement either. In fact the only forum I've come across that does have manufacturer support is Kawasaki, though there may be others, of course.

But I do tend to join up a relevant forum when I get a new (to me) bike, or even sometimes if I'm considering buying one, to see what possible issues there are as well as for technical help and advice. I'm even on one for my car, which I joined when I was having gear selection probs.

The thing with online forums, particularly if you go to meets, rideouts etc., is you can make some good mates through them - which is good. But when you get rid of the bike they cater for you stay on them to keep in touch. So I'm still on the Yamaha Diversions (last Divvy sold about 6 years ago), Yamaha Thundercats (sold three years ago - that's the bike in my avatar), and possibly a couple more that I don't visit regularly.

I don't see that it's a big issue to have more than one forum catering for a particular bike - we're all bikers, after all. I'd rather we didn't get into a People's Front of Judea vs. Judean People's Front argument! :rolleyes:

Voodoo Child

Seriously??

Just wanted to say that its a bit odd that people are getting Butt hurt over a name strelk112 has created from nothing a really good little community on FB.
He has sorted out merchandise and on top of that secured a number of deals for all the pages users and a great opportunity at Silverstone for us.
He did that himself, he never asks for money, his merchandise doesn't make him profit and all he did was come on here and try to extend the invite to anyone else that would be interested.

If you want to come I can assure you you will be in the company of great bunch and mix of people of all ages abilities which even though many haven't met face to face have all become friends due to our love of a great little motor.

If you don't want to come that's cool too but don't start picking at something over a name.

sdrio

Just wanted to say that its a bit odd that people are getting Butt hurt over a name strelk112 has created from nothing a really good little community on FB.
He has sorted out merchandise and on top of that secured a number of deals for all the pages users and a great opportunity at Silverstone for us.
He did that himself, he never asks for money, his merchandise doesn't make him profit and all he did was come on here and try to extend the invite to anyone else that would be interested.

If you want to come I can assure you you will be in the company of great bunch and mix of people of all ages abilities which even though many haven't met face to face have all become friends due to our love of a great little motor.

If you don't want to come that's cool too but don't start picking at something over a name.
Nobody is picking on the name, which seems to be the MT07 owners club. Nothing at all wrong with that.

The question is about whether it is official. That would suggest it's somehow affiliated with or connected to Yamaha.

I can only see one butthurt post in this thread. You should maybe hang out a bit more and get used to how we talk to each other.

triple trouble

I'm not too sure the owner of this forum would be too keen on having any Yamaha affiliated members posting this kind of thing on here. I'm a super moderator for him on the MT09 forum and I know there were a lot of legal problems concerning Yamaha and the use of their brand on a non Yamaha endorsed forum so please be aware this may not be received too well by either side.

Eddieh93

Guys! Strelk112 has invited us for a good day out, without him letting us know we would have been none the wiser I know I'll be going and its up to yourselves to make that decision to come.

I think this has got a bit out of hand, were adults not idiots who pick on people spelling and what not, lets book it up and enjoy the day out.

Who gives a shit about whether they are endorsed or not we all have the same emachine and its good to speak to people about issue and mods and stuff like that.

He wasn't pushing anything on us he was just giving us the option to get involved in what looks like a good day out.

sdrio

Actually, it is important.

This is someone trying to sell, and when they represent themselves as being something, it's not unreasonable to want to make sure they are who they say they are. This is the internet, anyone can say anything.

That last post he made just sounds petulant. Strelk112, you're trying to do business here, not on some altruistic charity mission. If you can't talk to your customers without throwing a hissy fit, maybe you shouldn't be doing your own marketing.

5 languages? Lol.

bobh

.....I know there were a lot of legal problems concerning Yamaha and the use of their brand on a non Yamaha endorsed forum so please be aware this may not be received too well by either side.
For info, the Yamaha Diversion forum that I mentioned in my previous post used to style itself the "Yamaha Diversion Club", but dropped the "Club" because of concerns over potential legal issues that might result in the moderators being considered responsible and liable in the event of something occurring at a meet or ride-out. They did consider taking out insurance to cover this liability, but I'm not sure if they actually found anything suitable. This related more to public liability rather than anything coming from Yamaha - as far as I know they've never complained, and that forum has been going for many years.

I'm not one of the mods, by the way.