New FZ 7

Texan1948

Hello from Texas. I just picked up my 2105 FZ 7 the 25th of June. First impression is great bike, light, easy to handle very smooth.

blueglue

Hello from Texas. I just picked up my 2105 FZ 7 the 25th of June. First impression is great bike, light, easy to handle very smooth.
Hello Texan from the future

Congrats on the bike, I thought the US was still waiting on the FZ-07 to arrive?

AJ Nin

Definitely out here in Texas. I live in New Braunfels between San Antonio and Austin and picked up my FZ-07 in red yesterday just out of the crate. I'm doing a hard break-in so have a good feel for the power. More powerful than the 650r. Similar to the Street Triple r. I like it. I really like the fact the first valve adjustment isn't scheduled until 26,600 miles which for me is never since I trade bikes fairly often.

afwestpunk

Answered my own question...
Well now I know that when I go visit my family in that area I will have a POC for ride intel

William

Definitely out here in Texas. I live in New Braunfels between San Antonio and Austin and picked up my FZ-07 in red yesterday just out of the crate. I'm doing a hard break-in so have a good feel for the power. More powerful than the 650r. Similar to the Street Triple r. I like it. I really like the fact the first valve adjustment isn't scheduled until 26,600 miles which for me is never since I trade bikes fairly often.
Did you miss going from a faired 650R to the FZ-07? Where is the more power than the 650R most noticeable in the FZ-07? Thanks.

AJ Nin

It is a little hard for me to remember exactly how the 650r felt other than being noticeably top heavy and a little boat-like moving it in and out of my garage. It also vibrated more than the FZ-07 at idle, and sounded different...more tractor-like, but not in a bad way. The 650r is a very good bike. I think the additional power with the FZ-07 is fairly linear with slightly more torque and power in every gear. Whether that translates into anything meaningful in a street bike, I doubt it. About the only way to really appreciate one bike compared to another similar bike is jump off of one and onto the other, then take them both through the same paces. I think the lighter-weight FZ-07 is a little more maneuverable. The 650r handled speeds above 80 mph better as I recall with less wind buffetting, but both bikes seem well planted. What I remember most about the 650r was riding it on a test ride from the Kawa Good Times van and liking the power compared to the 250r Ninja I had taken to the demo day. I used the $200 chit they gave me and traded in the 250r for the 650r the next day. The FZ-07 wins this comparison hands down for me due to less weight alone. I go for lighter bikes with equal or more power, always.

Last edited: