New tyres for the MT-07

jeppebm

Hey guys,

Watching the movie/documentary "fastest" and Got to Think what brand tyre people have considered for the first change :)?

Will145

Not too sure at the moment. The way I tend to ride my tyres seem to be wearing pretty fast :( probably Michelin road pilots again

Anthony

I got a puncture so replaced my rear tyre with the Maxxis MA3DS Supermaxx Diamond, Cheapest tyre I could find but they have also been recommended. I passed my test on a set of them.
In this cold weather I have felt the rear slip a lot more though its all been very controllable.

jeppebm

I got a puncture so replaced my rear tyre with the Maxxis MA3DS Supermaxx Diamond, Cheapest tyre I could find but they have also been recommended. I passed my test on a set of them.
In this cold weather I have felt the rear slip a lot more though its all been very controllable.
Okay - yeah well i did expect there to be some value=price world to it obviously :).

Is it in general more expensive to order it from the dealer or the internet - since im guessing it weighs quite a bit... and so that will cost extra in the delievery?

Anthony

Okay - yeah well i did expect there to be some value=price world to it obviously :).

Is it in general more expensive to order it from the dealer or the internet - since im guessing it weighs quite a bit... and so that will cost extra in the delievery?
For my Maxxis it was around £100 delivered. A local tyre fitting place charged £15 to fit and balance (though handed over £20 as this was xmas eve)
As for the recommendation, My bike instructor has them fitted to all the big bikes at the centre and swears by them.

DJP

Mine came shod with the Bridgestones but I think I'll go for the Michelins next time.

I used PR2s and then PR3s on my last bike and was very happy with them.

dazzor

Mine came shod with the Bridgestones but I think I'll go for the Michelins next time.

I used PR2s and then PR3s on my last bike and was very happy with them.
Same here. My bike came with the BT's and have been using PR2's and 3's for the last few years on my previous bikes.

I don't like the Bridges. Poor in the wet, take an age to warm up and not even that good in the dry. As soon as my back tyre is worn, I'll be losing the front too in favour of some Michelins.

Just my opinion of course, I'm sure the BT's suit some riders more, not for me though.

Still, it's all pretty much a moot point when the stock suspension cannot keep up with the engine's abilities. :(

DeadHead

Going to stick with Michelin just will move from 3 to the newer 4. This is the second bike I've had with these tyres and they are excellent particularly if you ride all year round and need good wet weather tyres.

Ralph

A mate bought a BM he rode it home and fitted Pilot 4's so I bought
the Conti road attack 2 evo's off the BM for £20 each don't need them yet
but will give them a try when I do if they are bad there's not a lot lost and
I will go to Pilot 4's.

Ralph

Just fitted a Continental Road attack Evo 11 GT to the front the org Bridgestone was getting near the wear
indicators and beginning to tram line a bit so although it had about a 1000 miles to go to illegal
I changed it not a clue how it will go not had time to ride it but will tomorrow, got 10,000 miles on the
org, the Conti feels harder but we will see.

Read more: Oops, there was an error! | FZ-07 Forum

sdrio

I replaced both of mine last week. Stuck to the pilot 3's it came with, they've done 14,000 odd miles and I have no complaints. I've never pushed the bike very hard, 95% of that mileage is in town in traffic.

They were both still legal, but I had a slow puncture in the rear and it wasn't worth paying £20 to get it fixed. I'm more than happy with their durability.

Ralph

The Continental Road attack Evo 11 GT front as now done about 100 miles, it's fine
feels better than the org Bridge but that tyre had 10000 miles on it the Conti turn's
in better is quieter feels fine and seems a good match to the Bridge rear which will
be swapped for a matching Conti soon, if I was buying tyres full price my money I
would buy the PR3/4 but am happy with the Continentals for now.

bobh

If you want a decent budget tyre that is good in greasy conditions try Conti Motions. I have them on my Fazer8.

I was impressed last winter on slick country lanes when following a guy on a GS (with T/c and all the gizmos) on Mich PR4's - he said he'd had a few slides, I had no such problems. Bearing in mind that a lot of the time UK roads are neither full wet nor dry, just - well, yuk - I reckon their performance is very suitable for our conditions.

On the Fazer they replaced the original Bridgestone BT021's that were, frankly, awful, at around 7,000 miles. The first Conti Motion rear did about 6,000 before it picked up a puncture and wasn't worth plugging, the front's now done over 7,000 and still has loads left. Bearing in mind that an MT-07 is considerably lighter and less powerful than the Fazer, on the same tyre sizes, I'd expect to get significantly better life.