Proper grease for levers fitting

D

Deleted member 20

RYFM :)
Manual state silicone grease. Most other areas on bike lithium-soap-based grease. I used marine grade prop grease, since I had it my garage. Just as a side note, don´t grease the gripping area of the levers, will have negative effect on both bike control and smell of your gloves.

da1kini

Manual state silicone grease. Most other areas on bike lithium-soap-based grease. I used marine grade prop grease, since I had it my garage. Just as a side note, don´t grease the gripping area of the levers, will have negative effect on both bike control and smell of your gloves.

Done!

levers.jpg
levers2.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 20

Looks so much better than stock levers, and at minimal cost. Only fools would be happy to pay the additional €300 for Yamaha "original" aftermarket alu levers at the dealers, what a complete rip-off.

mike83

Yep it is nice . I got same like And30ers and today i was install rizoma bar ends 50gr . in red color

P

Peter

Here is my lever from ebay (it is the same type):
IMAG0520.jpg
I agree it looks much better, but the quality is poor.
The lever moves up and dows +/- 5 mm. And it is a bit uncomfortable in summer gloves.

da1kini

Here is my lever from ebay (it is the same type):
View attachment 400
The lever moves up and dows +/- 5 mm. And it is a bit uncomfortable in summer gloves.
No disrespect but thats not the same sort at all!. Mine don't move a bit and are extremely well fitted. Its a billet piece like the original but at a lower price. Also I have 6 positions to adjust. 100 % aluminum cast. heres a link Adjustable Custom Brake & Clutch Levers - Sport bike Racing Parts-Performance Sportbike Custom Levers,Rear sets,Billet Mirror,Sport bike Accessories

Also. where do you feel the move? far out on the lever or just where it attach to the bike?

Last edited:
P

Peter

No disrespect but thats not the same sort at all!. Mine don't move a bit and are extremely well fitted. Its a billet piece like the original but at a lower price. Also I have 6 positions to adjust. 100 % aluminum cast. heres a link Adjustable Custom Brake & Clutch Levers - Sport bike Racing Parts-Performance Sportbike Custom Levers,Rear sets,Billet Mirror,Sport bike Accessories

Also. where do you feel the move? far out on the lever or just where it attach to the bike?
You're right. It is just a cheap Chinese copy. I paid £15, shipment was free.
The end of the lever is able to move a bit. The main axis is OK but the adjuster bolt is not too accurate. Maybe it is loose, I will try to tighten it.
But the general look and finish is OK. The size is perfect. Good business for this amount of money.

da1kini

You're right. It is just a cheap Chinese copy. I paid £15, shipment was free.
The end of the lever is able to move a bit. The main axis is OK but the adjuster bolt is not too accurate. Maybe it is loose, I will try to tighten it.
But the general look and finish is OK. The size is perfect. Good business for this amount of money.
maybe a stupid question but did you fit the cylinder intake thats inserted in the stock levers main axis hole? :)
9 minutes into this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGCf-XEJts8
pic here: Skärmavbild 2014-06-13 kl. 22.47.55.jpg

P

Peter

Yes, it is a stupid question (smiley)
Of course i did it.

Last edited by a moderator:

bram-bram

Mine look exactly the same, ordered from the site pointed by da1kini.
Had a bit of vertical play, fixed it by tightening the silver screw. They look great and feel as solid as the stock ones.

da1kini

Mine look exactly the same, ordered from the site pointed by da1kini.
Had a bit of vertical play, fixed it by tightening the silver screw. They look great and feel as solid as the stock ones.

Nice! How come you choose the longer ones? ;D

bram-bram

Nice! How come you choose the longer ones? ;D
The brake doesn't take much force, but the clutch seemed to require considerably more. I was a bit worried that it would be tiring to do a lot of slow riding with two fingers and would affect my ability to work the friction zone accurately. I am also a beginner rider so it seemed too.. cocky, to switch already to short levers. I could have been wrong, but I'm ok with it. I can always sell them and get the short ones later.

As a quick review after a couple of days of playing with them: I love them! They look really good and it's so comfortable to have the clutch adjusted to my hand size.

da1kini

The brake doesn't take much force, but the clutch seemed to require considerably more. I was a bit worried that it would be tiring to do a lot of slow riding with two fingers and would affect my ability to work the friction zone accurately. I am also a beginner rider so it seemed too.. cocky, to switch already to short levers. I could have been wrong, but I'm ok with it. I can always sell them and get the short ones later.

As a quick review after a couple of days of playing with them: I love them! They look really good and it's so comfortable to have the clutch adjusted to my hand size.
Nice to here! The short ones are not that short :D you can easily use all 4 fingers! And no It does not take much force! Its even easier now I think!

sven11

Allready posted in nother thread but perhaps it fitts better here.

So my breake lever does not return fully after a hard press, break light switch does not engage and the light remains on. Any advice how to solve this. I beleive I did not overtighten it.

Thnx

MassMan

Lol. I'm so stupid... Been looking for "Manual State" silicone grease since I thought it was some sort of special type of grease that couldn't be translated to Danish... Anyway ordered them in short/short and black with black adjusters. How long did it take for your's to arrive?

da1kini

Lol. I'm so stupid... Been looking for "Manual State" silicone grease since I thought it was some sort of special type of grease that couldn't be translated to Danish... Anyway ordered them in short/short and black with black adjusters. How long did it take for your's to arrive?
Mine took about 5 working days.

da1kini

Allready posted in nother thread but perhaps it fitts better here.

So my breake lever does not return fully after a hard press, break light switch does not engage and the light remains on. Any advice how to solve this. I beleive I did not overtighten it.

Thnx
Sure you not overtighten the main axis screw? I did that and It doesn't take much extra tightening to get stuck a little bit!

And also. Check if you forgot to include the little metallic cylinder from the stock parts. It can be little tricky to get out of the stock lever. Its the cylinder located in the main axis hole.