Questions for the Aussies, ref stalling engines.

sdrio

G'day.

Couple of questions for you guys about your bikes. This is mostly idle curiosity, but might be useful.

- Would I be right in saying that MT07s sold in Australia have a smaller engine capacity to the rest of the world, and / or are restricted? Feel free to correct me, I'm just repeating what I've read.

- Have any of you experienced the intermittent stalling* when pulling away, or coming to a stop? If you answer, please include the model/configuration of your bike (whether restricted, aftermarket pipe or other performance mods, etc).

Thanks!

* sometimes might just be a misfire, without stalling, when pulling away. If you've experienced that on more than one occasion, please also include details.

Chillipom

Aussie MT-07 capacity reduced to 650cc with throttle & Ecuador restrictions to meet learned requirements. Full size/ power version not available in Oz.

I had a couple of stalls in first 1000 kms but I'm 99% sure they were my own fault. Had some ambient temperatures over 38 degs.C (100 deg.F) and that made no difference.

Specifically asked my dealer to report on throttle body sinc. At first service but they didn't. Don't even think they bothered to check it.

Std Oz restricted bike with std pipe

sdrio

Aussie MT-07 capacity reduced to 650cc with throttle & Ecuador restrictions to meet learned requirements. Full size/ power version not available in Oz.

I had a couple of stalls in first 1000 kms but I'm 99% sure they were my own fault. Had some ambient temperatures over 38 degs.C (100 deg.F) and that made no difference.

Specifically asked my dealer to report on throttle body sinc. At first service but they didn't. Don't even think they bothered to check it.

Std Oz restricted bike with std pipe
Thanks. If you do have any more experience of it, would like to hear about it.

Reason I'm asking this is just to have an idea of whether the tuning makes a difference.

RAYDEO

I have a similar model mt07, I'm in NZ and I think both countries are the same in the fact we have the 655cc version, however I was told there are no restrictions in these bikes, just the bore has been sleeved to reduce the engine capacity.

Mine is completely factory and just ticked over 1300 km, no stalling issues for me, but my first 900 km were open road riding.

Chillipom

RAYDEO. Do you have power and torque figures for your 655cc Kiwi MT? Does it have full throttle range or is it limited to 45 degrees like the Oz version?

RAYDEO

My dealer told me there were no restrictions, but now you have me wondering, how do i find out the torque figures? i guess putting it on the dyno?

also how do i find out about the throttle?

Infinite300

In the 25 days I have had mine I encountered the stalling problem in the first 900 or so KM before I got it serviced. Just over 3000km now and it has not happened since.