R&G mirror extenders

allyw71

Cal66 turned up today with some mirror extenders that she wanted fitted. At first I thought they would fit on the arms, moving the mirror up and out, but no, they have one with a right hand thread and one with a left hand thread so that's not possible. Instead they fit directly onto the handlebar clamp, lifting the whole assembly up. Can't say I like how they look, but cal66 is happy with them.
PICT0299.jpg
PICT0300.jpg

Gaz2212

Will get some on tomorrow, no problem. Also akrapovic fitted yesterday, no baffle, what a sound definitely be heard in the traffic now

Gaz2212

Some pictures of the mirror extenders I used

They work really well as they lift the mirror slightly and also extend out slightly, just enough to get around your elbows

This is the link to the ebay item and to note I have no vested interest in the guy selling them just thought they were a better idea as you don't worry about left or right thread

All I did when fitted was to shrink some 19mm heat shrink over the top of them so not to see the shiny aluminium

Yamaha MT07, MT09,YP400,XJR,XT,Tenere etc Mirror Extenders x 2 (10MM THREAD) | eBay

Attachments

allyw71

That's how I thought the R&G ones would fit, but as one has a counter clockwise thread its not possible. She's happy, so I guess that's a bonus, and a rarity ;)

Rouqui

hi - being, er, careful with my wallet (some might say tight) I bought a 10mm bolt, a threaded insert and a couple of nuts from a hardware store. I'll put a black sleeve over sometime. Cost? about 3 pounds.
MT my mirror extender.jpg

it moves the mirror about 1.5 inches (4cm). oh, I hacksawed the head off the bolt of course