Radiator cover

Phil_B

I love the radiator cover loneranger.

My preference for frame protection would be the official axle and fork protectors, side engine casing and frame plugs from the Yam website.

Not a big fan of the big block of plastic ones.

loneranger

I have put the side protector son. Look ok to me.

gonna buy the rad sides from Yamaha when they come out, and will compliment the blackWP_20140329_001.jpg main rad cover that I am waiting for also

J-dan

hi just wondering if you had fitted the Rad protector yet? as I am looking at the RG one also. cheers

TJ63

I've ordered the black radiator cover from Infinite Performance on EBay.

Sorry, can't post a link at the moment.

J-dan

Do you know if there is any modification needed to be done to fit the infinity cover?
as looking at that on ebay think it will look a lot nice on my bike with the colours

loneranger

the infinity one seems it covers the whole rad. The one I am buyig seems to sit on the inner grills only, hence why I bought this version. When I fit I will post some pics

TJ63

I think that the top and bottom of the radiator are about the only ugly bits on the bike, which is why I went for the version which covers them up. (Plus SWMBO prefers that one, and she's buying it me for my birthday).

Sorry, but I don't know how it fits for sure. It looks like it fastens on under the side covers, presumably using the same bolts.

Last edited:

Phil_B

I think that the top and bottom of the radiator are about the only ugly bits on the bike, which is why I went for the version which covers them up. (Plus SWMBO prefers that one, and she's buying it me for my birthday).

Sorry, but I don't know how it fits for sure. It looks like it fastens on under the side covers, presumably using the same bolts.
I'm inclined to agree with you there TJ. Though I also like the sound of that R&G one. Let us know how you get on.

mrirvs

I agree too, and an onlooker commented about the finish of the radiator. I'm getting a full size one, wonder if it would look good in the racing blue but might be just a little too much blue on the bike :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

loneranger

So the RG black rad cover arrived today. Just fitted it and it started to pur down with rain. It covers the inner rectangular grill section only. Looks ok but needs the T=Yamaha side rad covers whenever they come out.

Jon

TJ63, Does the MT-09 have the same rad as the MT-07, or am I missing something? Infinity only seem to do a rad cover for the MT-09, not the MT-07. Or am I looking at the wrong one?. I can only see this one here Or is this why J-dan asked if any mods were needed?

mrirvs

My infinite radiator guard arrived today and it covers the whole front of the radiator but doesn't cover the top :-( am a bit disappointed but will see how it looks.

Just wanted to let everyone know in case you too wanted the top of the radiator covered too, this one doesn't.