Remap

badger27

Has anyone looked into remapping the ECU? i've seen a few bits on you tube but i dont know much about the gains . i;d be interested to know if anyone has had it done

to be honest with you if all your going to do is ride on the road it is not worth the expense. if you want to go faster on a naked buy a monster 1200s or superbike.

Nuggets

There's a guy (mrmazza?) who used a power commander and dyno'd his MT-07 after fitting a stage 2 DNA. The power curve was marginally improved, ie the top end power has already been squeezed out the lump through its engineering from stock so very little gain to be had a few bhp maybe, but there was a vast improvement in torque delivery through the rev range. His videos are on you-tube. Personally I'm saving the pennies towards a Bike to supplement my kicks, all i ave done on the MT07 is a DNA stage 1 and an Akra exhaust, anything more i think the cost starts to outweigh the benefit from what I have read. At most the next mod is to fit rear shock & replacement front springs.

jeppebm

Im having mine remapped on a DynoJet 250i by Mr Dyno here in Denmark. With complete mapping, adjusting, installment of PowerCommandor and measuring of power afterwards :)

Nuggets

Be interesting to see what results you get here's the video I referred to earlier

[video=youtube;gGelXHY_Jtw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGelXHY_Jtw&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

dazzor

You void warranty as soon as mess around with the air filter and/or exhaust.

Said with absolute certitude and not entirely correct...forums are like a double-edged sword all too often.

Spoke to my dealer; prepared to fit exhaust and DNA filter and honor warranty.

Upshot (in my opinion and by no means fact)......it's all a bit of a grey area. If you want an omelette, then you're going to have to break a few eggs.

Personally I'd rather mitigate the risks of voiding warranty were at all possible by communicating with my dealer..... but I am certainly not wanting a lovely bike like the 07 to sound like a muted washing machine for 2 years.

As for Power Commanders and mapping........Spent a small fortune on this in the past and not really got a great return. Having said that, I remember having a £15 Akra map installed on my KTM SuperDuke that already had Akra Evo's fitted......Great investment.

Custom maps and Power Commanders......Way too much hassle for me these days...I just want cost-effective, fit once and forget mods to improve the ride. Not hankering after more power necessarily.

As mentioned already, if more power is that important, perhaps one should be considering whether they bought the right bike?

Nuggets

Said with absolute certitude and not entirely correct...forums are like a double-edged sword all too often.
I agree with you there, its all in the front of the service book, basically it seems to be as long as it's designed for the bike and your dealer fits it, then its covered by either Yamaha Warranty or dealer. In the case of the air filter and exhaust, both low risk mod's, I would struggle to see why a dealer wouldn't offer to warrant them to attract your business.