Removing the aluminium frame covers?

mrirvs

Anyone how to remove these? Seems like a couple of bolts but can't see how the bottom releases from the bike.

I was thinking of getting these carbon wrapped or race Blue painted.

afwestpunk

good question. I was just going to take them offwith some type of support on the motor but if they are just for looks. I am going to remove them along with a few other bits for my transformation project

mrirvs

Definitely just for show as they flex quite a bit.

Quite like the idea of carbon wrapping these, but as I have a race Blue I reckon they'd look great in that colour.

RichMT

Thinking of doing mine too, using black plastidip. That way I can peel it off if I want to change them again.

CVSensei

This has been on my list for a while, didn't even think they might be a hassle to take off.

Regarding the plastidip is, what would i need and how much would it cost? I was planning to get them powder coated but I'm guessing that will be more expensive?

nobull

DONT USE PLASTIDIP! Did it myself, looks great just like the pic above - until first time you ride it & it peels off where boot rubs! Powder coat or nothing really. Although I expected it to rub off, I thought it might last more than 4 miles! OK for a colour test though...

Duuuv_ldn

Frame covers

+1 for this. I've replaced the heel plates with carbon fiber. Would love to wrap the frame covers.
Anyone know a good shop who could look at this in London?

Noggie

My left one scratched up pretty bad, think it's the zipper on my pants that are rubbing against it when I shift or something.
I would like to get mine black too, but it would probably get scratched up and look really bad within a few days so it would need some clear vinyl protection or something.