Review of the new 2015 Harley Forty Eight

bypasser

I wonder if you'll get much response here? Seems to me that most riders of sports/naked bikes have a severe dislike for anything cruiser like.

I agree that these are nice. I'd never have considered one before seeing a 48 on the road and when hunting for my next bike (which ended up being the MT07) I went and test rode a few different Harley's and similar bikes. I really liked them. Main problems I had were:

-Lean angle. I kept touching down the pegs/feelers just going round roundabouts. Very disconcerting.

-Suspension and brakes weren't great

-When I spent over an hour riding one through London I got quite uncomfortable. Also not manoeuvrable enough for my liking in congested London.

-Too expensive for what you get. It's just hard to justify the cost.

I still like em though. Would still consider one in different circumstances.

Regarding your comment about people looking because they like the bike, I wonder how many actually do like the bike and how many are thinking "a..hole on a loud bike" as that is what I usually hear said by non bikers when a loud bike goes past.

Igor

Lovely looking bike and I would consider something like that when I get a bit older and more sedate (mind you I'm 40 now and it hasn't happened yet)

Always liked the looks of bikes like the HD sportster and triumph bonnie.

MrSquidbeak

I wonder if you'll get much response here? Seems to me that most riders of sports/naked bikes have a severe dislike for anything cruiser like.

I agree that these are nice. I'd never have considered one before seeing a 48 on the road and when hunting for my next bike (which ended up being the MT07) I went and test rode a few different Harley's and similar bikes. I really liked them. Main problems I had were:

-Lean angle. I kept touching down the pegs/feelers just going round roundabouts. Very disconcerting.

-Suspension and brakes weren't great

-When I spent over an hour riding one through London I got quite uncomfortable. Also not manoeuvrable enough for my liking in congested London.

-Too expensive for what you get. It's just hard to justify the cost.

I still like em though. Would still consider one in different circumstances.

Regarding your comment about people looking because they like the bike, I wonder how many actually do like the bike and how many are thinking "a..hole on a loud bike" as that is what I usually hear said by non bikers when a loud bike goes past.
Thanks for the feed back mate and agree the lean angle is poor especially for a bike with self canceling turn sgnals