Scorpion in steel or titanium?

Phil_B

After a reviewing the many options and choices of exhausts that have been launched for the mt-07. I think I'm drawn to the scorpion most, based on sound, reputation and their attitude towards stock fueling and dyno testing.

In terms of look however, it would have to be the steel or titanium finish for the "Serket" end can, as I think this would look most "OEM+".

The only pictures and video I've seen to date have been of the carbon one... Has anyone fitted either the steel or titanium to their bike, or seen a picture online and could share a picture please?

Many thanks!!

Yaminator

I had scorpion in titanium on my last bike i was very impressed with it, but shame i cant use use on my mt that's what scorpion said when i phoned them up..
So any feedback or YouTube clips from people with it will be very appreciated too..

balki

Is it possible to angle the muffler higher? Looks too low in the vid vs. Scorpions official pictures.
not from what ive been able to see - the middle link pipe has the bend but is restricted position wise by the downpipes, altho it tucks in enough not to be an issue as the footpegs will ground first
it bugged me to start with but the sound is so sweet i dont care anymore ;)

Attachments

Tommeke

Butt to tell you the truth I'm not that surprised at all. I found it a very poor quality system especially for that price ...
On the other hand : it sounds amazing and looks great !

D

Deleted member 20

That position looks much better, not hanging under the bike. I like the Scorpion looks.

Yaminator

Please can someone do a video of the sound (preferalbly driveby) without the baffle in? As i almost about to get one, Thanks......

balki

Mine seems to have an other slightly other angle..
Yours looks more like i was expecting, but it just wouldnt hang that way
If you get chance could you post some pics of

1.Downpipes (so i can see the angles as they exit the engine)
2. Springs (the 2 that hold the silencer -does the top one twist to the back )
3. Silencer bracket (angle and bend direction - does yours sit on the origional rubber mounting point - mine sits on the bracket that the rubber mounting point is bolted to)

Did you get new gaskets ?
Did you fit the mid mini baffle thing ? (any thoughts on what why ? - backpressure ?)
and have you pulled the baffle out yet - I tried but the silicone holding it in is a bugger and i cant get a good enough grip on the baffle to break the seal.
although the sound is sweet enough with it in ;)

Will probably remove and rehang mine over xmas ;)

Last edited:

Tommeke

@ balki
As for your questions
My gaskets where still ok so I reused them.
Yes I did use the flute butt have no idea why it is in there , was also thinking it has to do with pressure so I put it in .
The baffle hasn't been removed yet. I'll try to give it a go later on...
When I take the pics for you maybe .

Tommeke

Yours looks more like i was expecting, but it just wouldnt hang that way
If you get chance could you post some pics of

1.Downpipes (so i can see the angles as they exit the engine)
2. Springs (the 2 that hold the silencer -does the top one twist to the back )
3. Silencer bracket (angle and bend direction - does yours sit on the origional rubber mounting point - mine sits on the bracket that the rubber mounting point is bolted to)

The pics aren't great as they where taken with my Phone. Still hope they will help...

1 The header pipes :

IMAG0087.jpg

IMAG0088.jpg

2 The springs

IMAG0090.jpg

3 This was hard, but I tried the bracket. It's to hard to reach to make pics ( And no it isn't mounted on the rubber point )

IMAG0094.jpg

IMAG0093.jpg

And I did remove the baffle today . Didn't encounter any seal,just removed the allen screw and used some pliers to pull the baffle out. Pretty straight forward

IMAG0086.jpg

A tip if you're gonna redo the exhaust just unscrew the bolts a bit, hangt it like you like than thighten them again . For the allen screws use a ballhead (? don't know if this is the right word) allen key , push your brake lever down a bit and pass between lever and peg to reach.

I hope this helps, If you have any more questions just ask and if I can I'll help...

Grtz, Tommy

balki

Thanks for that tommeke
Tried loosening and adjusting on first install but was in a rush to hear it so maybe cocked something up slightly
Yep your right about the ballend allen key (didnt need to remove the footrest)

Tommeke

You're welcome.

Did u try the baffle ? I did put it back in today, in my Opinion it was a bit to much . Don't want to wake up the dead when I pass the semitary [emoji6] and my neighbours neither when I leave for work in the morning.

balki

I found my issue (selfmade due to using new patten gaskets)
IMG_20141224_123858.jpg
Squished to within a mm of its life, unlike the originals which are thick buggers ;)
IMG_20141224_130131.jpg
sits much better now. thanks tommeke and merry Xmas ;)

Knocked the baffle out while i had the silencer off and it was just a tight fit, but its back in already, as you say we dont kneed to wake the dead ;D