Screen

Gaz2212

Hi guys

Have to say I copied and30ers on this one, bought the mt09 Puig tour screen and made it fit making up my own brackets from aluminium, once the brackets were made I just covered them in heat shrink cut out the bolt holes and fitted

Pictures show the brackets and various views of the screen, the reason I like this over any of the mt07 screen is that you can make it sit right down by the headlight line and it follows the shape around the top of the head light perfectly

It took a bit of trial and error to get the brackets to sit correct but I got there in the end

This is the link to where I bought the screen and delivery was super fast next day track all the way just how it should be

PUIG New Generation TOURING Screen Yamaha MT-09 2013-14 | Motorcycle Exhausts | Performance Parts

Ridden with it for a couple of days now and I have to say with wind blast has gone to a real manageable level, there is no pressure now on my chest and up to 90mph there is no helmet lift so all the strain on my neck has gone, the only place I buffeted now is just around the top of my shoulders

I was worried when I ordered it, it would look to big on the bike but in my opinion I think it looks just the right size and does exactly what it is supposed to, they also do a sport screen but I think this would be the equivalent of the yam fly screen, look good but no protection

Attachments

sdrio

Yeah, I like that.

I'm in two minds about whether I want a screen on mine, I like the sparse look, but that one works well with the bike. It's tempting.

Marcus

Thought I would share my new screen:

Went for the ERmax Sport in Matt Black.
Fitted it today in 15mins, comes with an adapter plate that uses the 4 pre-existing bolts, no body modification needed.
Good quality material, haven't ride with it yet to comment on effectiveness, looks like it will push the wind over shoulders though.

Cover is still on at the back so looks a little strange.

photo 3.jpgphoto 5.jpg

View attachment 483

da1kini

Fitted it today in 15mins, comes with an adapter plate that uses the 4 pre-existing bolts, no body modification needed.
Good quality material, haven't ride with it yet to comment on effectiveness, looks like it will push the wind over shoulders though.

Looks great, where did you buy it?

Last edited:

Marcus

Thanks guys, I bought it from JesterTrickBits.co.uk

It did take a full 28days to arrive though. I can confirm it does raise wind up to my shoulder height now (I'm 6'2").

D

Deleted member 20

Hi guys
Have to say I copied and30ers on this one, bought the mt09 Puig tour screen and made it fit...
Well done Gaz, looks good! I am still very happy with my screen and I guess you will to.
Anders

Gaz2212

Anders

It has transformed the bike, no wind blast at all now

You can get round 80mph easily and you have to look down to see what speed you are at, before was getting blasted all over the place

Thanks for your help on this one

Gaz

Chris2652

image.jpgimage.jpgI decided to use my old XJ6 screen as the Yamaha sport screen is not due until mid July. 2 hours in the garage after reading the blue peter hand book I managed to mount it using hardboard and some MDF. Sprayed it matt black. Very pleased with the result. I have looked at all the ones on the market and have just ordered the new Puig MT07 short screen in black. I think it looks the bis but will have to wait until late July to get it from Italy.

MassMan

View attachment 488View attachment 487

View attachment 483
You mention you picked "Matt Black" but there are only oddly named colours on their site. Which colour is your colour? =)

mt07-sportscreen.jpg

cosmikdebriis

A person who I only met briefly in a pub and who's name I do not know but it definitely wasn't me... Officer...

Rode his MT 07 along a dual carriageway at 100mph today, for approx five miles, and was surprised at how easy it was, completely naked. (Of course it was the bike that was naked and not the person who I do not know, Though he may have been naked as I do not know him).

Anyway... He told me that although he wouldn't want to do that for long periods he was surprised at just how manageable it was.

I would like to know if anyone who wasn't you but told you about it, might have ridden their bike at 100mph with a mid sized screen... Found it directed the wind away from their chest/shoulders and possibly pushed it straight on to their head... or not?

Viking

I rode 120 mph on a windy highway with and without my givi screen and there is a big diference. It gives a good wind blast protection to my chest especialy while passing a truck witch feels unstable without a screen...

R1VE

Has anyone mounted the yamaha fly screen in black color? I'd love to see how it looks in a red MT-07!!

Last edited: