Screws that fit mirror mounts

CVSensei

Hey guys and gals,

I've got barend mirrors installed now and was wondering if anyone knows what type of screw (preferably black) would fit in the ugly, gaping holes left behind? Or indeed any other solution I haven't thought of..

Cheers,
Charlie

Eddieh93

I think you might be able to get plastic insert that just wedge in there?

Have you tried E(vil)bay?

lcman

You will be lucky to find a screw for the right hand side if Yamaha have done there normal thing and used a left hand thread, I think they are M10 x 1.25mm thread. As already suggested plastic plugs would be a better option.

CVSensei

No I haven't, not sure what you mean if I'm honest.. Got a link or more specific term by any chance? :rolleyes:

lcman

If you look at the images they have a chart showing all the dimensions I would go for the 13x10, so your hole size is 10mm the 1.25 refers to the thread pitch. So you need a plug to fit a 10mm hole.

So looking at there size chart the 13mm x 10mm would be good as the 13mm refers to the diameter that will cover the hole, 10mm is the diameter that the plug will fit into and the 6.3mm is the depth the amount the plug will fit into a 10mm hole

foxracer

Did this work out in the end? I've just ordered bar end mirrors too so will need to try and do the same thing...

CVSensei

Did this work out in the end? I've just ordered bar end mirrors too so will need to try and do the same thing...
They were a bit too big but lazy old me couldn't be bothered to find the right size and just jammed them in there. Look much better and still protects from the elements.