seat issues

KEVINJSTANLEY

Hi all

I know there is a comfort option for this bike £163 for main and pillion. however the cage has a rather groovy pillion seat and I am fine with that as I don't tend to carry. I do need the main seat as my arse is killing after 100 miles.
I am in Cheshire and wondered if any one knew of a seat upholsterer that could do this work

cheers

sdrio

Possibly unhelpful, but I had the same problem for a while. I could manage about an hour before I wanted to set fire to the bike. Not sure if it's my arse or the saddle that has changed, but after a couple of months I got used to it. I don't notice it now.

I've heard the 'comfort' seat is only relatively comfortable, it's not much better than the original. The original, by the way, costs £130 to replace so £163 for something marginally better seems about in line.

Another case of form over function. Make it look good, never mind if it actually does the job. (same for fuel tank, switchgear, mirrors etc).

Ralph

Do a Google search for motorcycle seats in your area you should come up with something, maybe ask
local bike shops who they use.

Gee

Any local upholstery place should be able to sort you out, its only cut some thicker foam and upholster it. Easy enough to do yourself, you could even get one of those nifty seat covers of ebay.

Luckily I don't get any problems from my standard seat at all. :)

Gaz2212

Kevin
If you are thinking of getting the seat reworked this guy may be worth a try, we use him at work for our car upholstery and he does an excellent job
KRJ Trimmers 01606 824480
They are located in Middlewich so not to far from you, speak to either Jackie or Ken

Ralph

I am going to call here next week, wile I am happy with the comfort I have
a bit of a problem with old knees and when I come to a stop I can have a
little difficulty getting my feet off the pegs and a little higher seat would help
so will call and see what they can do.

Bootleg Bike Seats - Home

geffd

Just bought the comfort seat £176 inc postage from Yambits. Tested it out today on 200 + mile ride think its perfect . Needed a comfy seat as off to France on the MT next month

mudrock

Hi
I used to suffer from a numd bum , but this was cause by wearing textile clothing .
now I've gone back to wearing leathers , and the problem has gone away,
I now find the MT 07 seat very comfortable.

It may be cheaper for you, by trying different pants,
like cycle shorts under motorcycle clothing, or like going commando ?
Whatever, there are options.
Before splash out on a new seat .

Hope this helps.

Ralph

Yep Leather pants help, you could try some cycling pants the ones with padding or a Chamois leather
under your strides.

gregjet

Rather than cycling pants try sports compression knicks especially if you are wearing leathers. They don't have the pad in them . My girlfriend wears proper cycling knicks under her motorcycle pants but she also rides a KTM 690 Duke which , according to her, has the best seat..."in the WORLD" ( said in Jeremy Clarkson voice) . A point on which she continually reminds me through our intercom . " Have I told you how comfortable this seat is"... She has been riding for over 40 years so I have to hake her word for it.