seat so uncomfortable

Anthony

Or some Hemorrhoid cream.

:D

Just a short trip :) Shows what can be done though. Painkillers and Sudocrem are needed.

I'm looking to buy the comfort seat, because the group I ride with, a simple rideout is about 200 miles. Lots of leg stretching is required due to not feeling comfy after about 100 miles.

sdrio

Just a short trip :) Shows what can be done though. Painkillers and Sudocrem are needed.

I'm looking to buy the comfort seat, because the group I ride with, a simple rideout is about 200 miles. Lots of leg stretching is required due to not feeling comfy after about 100 miles.
I've found the discomfort isn't from the seat itself, it's from the fact it is completely flat.

What seems to be happening, if I can get slightly anatomical, is that your arse gets squashed when you sit down, and the back of it kind of spills out and almost gets pinched.

Try the following, just to see what I mean - next time you're riding, and you start to feel the discomfort, slide back on the seat until your bum is pushed up against the rear part of the seat. You will (probably) find it feels much better. That is not a practical riding position, as you'll eventually slide back down, but you're replicating what a normal saddle does - it supports from behind as well as below.

That's presumably what the comfort saddle does. Either way, the solution seems to be to make the seat more bum shaped.

Anthony

I've found the discomfort isn't from the seat itself, it's from the fact it is completely flat.

What seems to be happening, if I can get slightly anatomical, is that your arse gets squashed when you sit down, and the back of it kind of spills out and almost gets pinched.

Try the following, just to see what I mean - next time you're riding, and you start to feel the discomfort, slide back on the seat until your bum is pushed up against the rear part of the seat. You will (probably) find it feels much better. That is not a practical riding position, as you'll eventually slide back down, but you're replicating what a normal saddle does - it supports from behind as well as below.

That's presumably what the comfort saddle does. Either way, the solution seems to be to make the seat more bum shaped.
I found the worst part was at the very top of my legs, with them rubbing against the seat edge. It is more comfy to sit further back in the seat. I also did a few miles in the passenger seat for a change of pressure on my rear.
For very long distance, a Air Hawk is very useful. Unfortunately I could not afford one before the ride.
Bykebitz Motorcycle Accessories - Resellers for AIRHAWK

motomeek

What I have yet to hear is "break-in" time. Some seats just need some time to form to your butt. Gotta give it a few thousand miles to get accustomed to your anatomy.
Can anyone with some mileage say that this has happened for them?

sdrio

What I have yet to hear is "break-in" time. Some seats just need some time to form to your butt. Gotta give it a few thousand miles to get accustomed to your anatomy.
Can anyone with some mileage say that this has happened for them?
Mine has 2,500 miles (around 4,000km) and is still the same shape. I doubt that'll change, there's almost nothing there to form.

Will145

Just rode 220 miles to the Lake District - feels like I've been taken advantage of. Full day of riding around the Lake District tomorrow then back home Thursday. Might have to buy one of those comfort cushions before I do another trip away

Malcpig

Although not an ideal answer I had already an Airhawk cushion . These are used by long distance riders and really do work . About £90 in Uk if you go for the cheaper one which I did . I have moved from bike to bike as needed ,definitely needed for the MT07!
Cheers Mal

deecat

Hi all ,I have just confirmed my order for a grey bike with white bodywork but it will be around November until it turns up.

On the seat front I do like to do 200 plus runs out on my bikes and even though I have tried various makes of gel seats, none have matched the comfort of the ones I have had altered by custom seats of Coventry.

I have one on my NC750X and find 8 hour runs are fine, so on reading about the seat from other owners I think the first thing I do when the bike turns up is to send the seat off.

deecat

The ones that I have had done in the past cost £230 which was to recover and add the gelastic insets.
I have tried other makes and even had a local seat guy put a gel inset in a NC700x seat and I even ended up sending this away to Coventry.