Show me your bike you regretted selling !

Guru Woodman

Most of you probably have owned many motorcycles before ending up with your current machine.
They come and go but some give a lasting impression. You can't keep everything but there are always one or two that you probably wished you've never sold.

I will start. My Yamaha 1976 XT500. I loved it but was getting tired of kick starting it (although it always started with one or two kicks) I thought it would be wise to upgrade to a Kawasaki ZR7. Nothing wrong with that one but I always regretted selling my XT.

Here's a pic:

Last edited:

Will145

Only owned 1 bike before the MT so can't really contribute but there are some riders here with vast lists of past bikes so I'm sure they'll be along soon lol

allyw71

I don't really regret selling any bike, as it paved the way for a better one, although the one bike I would still like to have would be the 250LC.

cosmikdebriis

My first bike (in this country) was a Z250ltd Kawasaki on which my girlfriend and I travelled all over with a tent on the back and, out of sight of the prying eyes of our parents, had some great fun. (no need to explain I'm sure). I don't really regret selling the bike for what it was, but for what memories it held for me.

Also, back in the 80's, I bought a 1937 Norton 16H for silly cheap money (£400) and sold it later for not much more. Would be worth 5k now.

L

Lonerider

My 2003 copper SV650S. Did some track days, ride in the Rockies on a 2 weeks trip, did even some short jaunt on forest roads. This is not the best bike that i owned. But still, it earned a special place. Loved the sound of this little v-twin.
SV #01.jpgorgasme moto 28-08-2003.jpg