Sliders

Viking

So I'm gonna make frame sliders for my bike. Can anyone tell me dimensions of the part of the slider that goes into the frame?

TJ63

I use Delrin to make the plugs. You can see one of them on a video I posted on the "Screens" thread.

MT-07 Givi screen:

http://youtu.be/7KropukWEOU

As you can see, I made the outside diameter to match the tube. If you're making sliders they will need to be wider than that, I would think. The thin part which goes into the frame hole is about 25mm deep.

Last edited:

Viking

I managed to get my hands on a similar material. Got some material that is used for VHS 2 assault rifle!

Nuggets

Does anyone know the torque setting for the engine frame bolts. I'm fitting a pair puig pro sliders but no torque setting given for the bolt into the engine block. Only info I have found Is from the instructions to R & G crash bungs which state not to exceed 40Nm. This seems a little light to me, generally an M10 can be tightened to 54Nm but I'm aware it will be different for fixing into alloy.

not cheap but i have r&g engine covers on mine and after a recently drop recommend them. i also have MGS crash bobbins which stick out just a bit further than normal ones and when the bike fell only the bobbin touched down. no bodywork was damaged or scratched apart from the bar end and lever which were so slight youd never notice. you get what you pay for.