Sold my Mt-07

KennyNorge

I sold my Mt-07 after riding it 10 800km one season. Have had an absolutely wonderful time with it [emoji2]
I lost my mind completely and converted to Kawasaki [emoji83]
First impressions is that the Z800 is less agile and less playfully.
My wife wil keep here Mt-07 so I can still take that for a spinn. She keeping here's also gives me a good opportunity to compare the two bikes. Not only have to remember what the Mt-07 was like.

Want to say that this forum is absolutely fantastic as well [emoji2]

foxracer

I'm thinking of doing the same, although to the z1000 as to me the z800 isn't enough of a step up. Although I'm contemplating keeping the mt07 and getting a z1000sx too

gregjet

Don't usually comment on looks but the Kawaka looks WAAAAAAAAAAAy better with that exhaust, The std one makes the bike look like it weighs a ton ( oh yeah it does).

Noggie

Thought I spotted yours online a few months back.
I understand what you mean though, I'm torn myself at the moment. Do a full suspension upgrade on the MT, or get a new bike?
Looking at an advanced kit with adjustable Andreani forks and Ohlins shock at about 1000 euro's, or sell the MT and get an S1000r.......
Might be a bit early to get a new bike after just 2000km though :)

Did you get what you wanted for the MT? saw your asking price was not far off the price of a new basic one, but not unreasonable considering your mods.

KennyNorge

Thought I spotted yours online a few months back.
I understand what you mean though, I'm torn myself at the moment. Do a full suspension upgrade on the MT, or get a new bike?
Looking at an advanced kit with adjustable Andreani forks and Ohlins shock at about 1000 euro's, or sell the MT and get an S1000r.......
Might be a bit early to get a new bike after just 2000km though :)

Did you get what you wanted for the MT? saw your asking price was not far off the price of a new basic one, but not unreasonable considering your mods.
Ooohh! S1000R! [emoji2] Niice! Would defently buy that, but maby do some track driving with the MT first. The S1000R is on my top wish list, but costs to much and I would like a garage like yourself first :) got my "utebod" built to a mini Mc-garage for now ;-)

I got the asking price minus 2000kr because the back tyre was starting to wear out, tought that was fair :) He got a bike that was given alot of love superb care and maintenance :)

I still drive back and forth work every day, hoping the winter never comes ;-)

Let me know as soon as you decide what to go for, uppgrade or new bike. Both ways I am very interested to see :)

Noggie

Ooohh! S1000R! [emoji2] Niice! Would defently buy that, but maby do some track driving with the MT first. The S1000R is on my top wish list, but costs to much and I would like a garage like yourself first :) got my "utebod" built to a mini Mc-garage for now ;-)

I got the asking price minus 2000kr because the back tyre was starting to wear out, tought that was fair :) He got a bike that was given alot of love superb care and maintenance :)

I still drive back and forth work every day, hoping the winter never comes ;-)

Let me know as soon as you decide what to go for, uppgrade or new bike. Both ways I am very interested to see :)
Not sure what to do, up to now I have spent 120k on the MT, adding another 10k puts me at 130k, would be nice to get 90-100k back, did the last trip of the year today and the odometer is at 2000km, barely run in :)
An S1000r is from 160k (slightly used, 175k new), so with the suspension mod I am not that far off in total cost.

My main concern is this, even if I know the MT will be an absolute blast with the new suspension, I'm worried I'd like more power at the end of next years season, and end up upgrading bike anyway..... decisions, decisions......

da1kini

Not sure what to do, up to now I have spent 120k on the MT, adding another 10k puts me at 130k, would be nice to get 90-100k back, did the last trip of the year today and the odometer is at 2000km, barely run in :)
An S1000r is from 160k (slightly used, 175k new), so with the suspension mod I am not that far off in total cost.

My main concern is this, even if I know the MT will be an absolute blast with the new suspension, I'm worried I'd like more power at the end of next years season, and end up upgrading bike anyway..... decisions, decisions......
You spent 120.000 NOK on a MT07? What kind of mods do you have??? A space traveler mod or? ;)

Noggie

You spent 120.000 NOK on a MT07? What kind of mods do you have??? A space traveler mod or? ;)
This thing is a lot more expensive here than across the border, key word here is tax.
Retail price for a full power MT-07 ABS is 96.000nok, I added the Akra exhaust, comfort seat, adjustable brake/clutch leavers and some hub sliders so my bike was 112.000nok from the shop.
Then I added heated grips, LED indicators, Ermax hugger and under tray/tail tidy painted to match my race red MT, think that totals around 6-7000nok, then the 2700nok first service.
Grand total 120.000+nok.
I often envy you swedes your bike and car prices.

Gaz2212

Go on noggie, do it you know you want to, I did it sold the mt and got a s1000r, superbike performance streetbike comfort

Donut

I'm thinking of doing the same, although to the z1000 as to me the z800 isn't enough of a step up. Although I'm contemplating keeping the mt07 and getting a z1000sx too
My MT07 with sorted suspension is a real hoot as a back road tool BUT for higher speed kicks my MT09 is also a fun tool - just need to remove its restrictor and sort the suspension on that too.

Noggie

Go on noggie, do it you know you want to, I did it sold the mt and got a s1000r, superbike performance streetbike comfort
Yeah I do want to.
Just did some checks, and the insurance on the S1000r is the same as the S1000rr, and about 3,5 times that of the MT-07 :eek:
Thee are 4 for sale right now, 3 red and one white, two new ones and two with 4-5000km on them, the used ones are the most expensive ones, probably due to options/mod's.

Noggie

My MT07 with sorted suspension is a real hoot as a back road tool BUT for higher speed kicks my MT09 is also a fun tool - just need to remove its restrictor and sort the suspension on that too.
So I might need to get a second bike then........

Then people will surely think I'm crazy, after all I'm a single guy with two cars and a bike already....... that spends roughly half the year away from home at work every year.
I get my speed kicks on 4 wheels normally, and as a novice biker I might be better of with the MT-07 for a while.

pgeldz

Don't usually comment on looks but the Kawaka looks WAAAAAAAAAAAy better with that exhaust, The std one makes the bike look like it weighs a ton ( oh yeah it does).
gregjet, if you like that I think you'll LOVE the HP Corse Hydroform :)

hp-corse-kawa-z-800-hydroform.jpg

hp-corse-kawasaki-z-800-hydroform-kahy1018-ab.jpg

:)

- Paulie

KEVINJSTANLEY

Is it that after a while people starting looking for that different bike buzz, and therefor you will be in the same situation with your new bike 1 season on.
riding style plays a big part, but as the coppers in the uk with there spies in the sky and big yellow boxes I feel the MT gives me some speed but without suddenly looking down to see you are doing 90 like quicker bikes tend to do.

so although I would like a all out tourer, I will keep the mt 07 as like you all know it is so much fun to throw about, my Cage has cost me£8000 so far with Akra tail tidy , LED'S, brake levers and Maxton front suspension [what a difference that makes] and now a rear rack and box and pannier bars courtesy of our new member Ollie.

so MT 07 it is, I don't mind spending the money to make the bike exactly how I want it with the upgrades and yes it may end up costing me the same as a quicker sexier looking new bike, but it is upgraded and would you not then upgrade your shop bought new bike and be doing exactly the same as you did with your MT.

decisions decisions :)