stickers

cal66

I have had a hell of a time trying to remove the yamaha sticker and still have not got all the glue off has anyone else had this trouble and if so how did u solve it n get the glue off its driving me nuts

Phil_B

Yeah, mike's right. Wd40 will get most of it off with some patience. Then I just used some light paint cleaner/polish (like the auto gym stuff)

Guru Woodman

Would that also work on a matte grey finish or would it leave a shadow of the sticker? I would like to get rid of all those warning decals.

Feliz

I always found heat the best. I took mine off today in about five minutes using a hair dryer.

busey

Use a hairdryer to warm up and get them off asap so all the paint finish has weathered the same if you doit on old paint it will show a difference like on old sign written vans

cal66

Use a hairdryer to warm up and get them off asap so all the paint finish has weathered the same if you doit on old paint it will show a difference like on old sign written vans
I did use a hairdryer but the glue was spreading and not budging its finally off now (allyw71) got it off for me in the end

Mushymi5

I had a nightmare, with mine, the glue had bonded to the paint very well! :(

After removing, it had left lots of micro imperfections in the grey paint, had to get some autoglym resin polish, with plenty of effort, they went.

Phil_B

On the shiny paint finishes to be honest the lacquer is so soft, 10 minutes with a mild paint cleanser or polisher and you'll have the whole tank back to new. but I'd agree, the quicker you take the sticker off the easier it'll be!

In answer to Gurus question about the matt grey. harder to tell but I'd go for heat and mild solvent (like a tar and glue remover), followed by a strong detergent as opposed to polishing the last of it off.

Gaz2212

Got my sticker off real easy

Used a hairdryer to warm it up, most of the glue came away with the sticker, glue that was remaining I used a product from Wurth called Industry Cleaner. Breaks the glue down real easy and can be used on any surface, plastics, paint, metals etc and doesn't leave any residue or melt into the plastic. Sprayed it directly onto the surface and wiped away straight away, came of perfect

Here's a link if anybody interested, not cheap but will clean through almost anything

WURTH INDUSTRY CLEANER - WURTH: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Kanonnier

I removed them within an hour from delivery. I took it off with a hairdryer as well. It took me about 5 mins. I just used the sticker to lift the glue left on the tank. Real easy!

GeorgeJ

I removed mine from my matt grey using a cloth and a little bit of petrol. Came off straight away. I was concerned that it might have affected the lacquer/paint and tested it on a small area first and it was fine.

ashe2cool

if you guys wanted the sticker removed, why didn't you ask the dealer mechanic to do it!? i asked him, and it took him around 2 or 3 minutes, between removing it and cleaning the glue