Taken rear pegs & brackets off

xt660isgood2

I’m never going to take a backseater so what’s the point in having them on?
Makes the bike look better also. Why carry extra timber.
Anyone know the legal implications? I’m guessing it’s bolt them back on
For the Mot

towner87

I dont think you have to put them back on as long as you have a rear seat cover. Worth just asking a ,local MOT place to be sure.

da1kini

I’m never going to take a backseater so what’s the point in having them on?
Makes the bike look better also. Why carry extra timber.
Anyone know the legal implications? I’m guessing it’s bolt them back on
For the Mot
Please upload pic :D

busey

For mot you only need rear pegs if you got a passenger seat so need pegs or seat cowl .removed rear peg bracket on mine surprised on how light they are

xt660isgood2

Will do in a couple of weeks after 1st service. Told a bit of a fib because only able to remove one side so they both back on now. Bit of a long story....but after taking her back to tighten up floppy
chain, I asked the man in the shop if he could slacken off the bolts so When I got home I could fix the tax disc bracket to it (previously tried to undo them and superman had obviously tightened them)
Matey rounded off the hex bolt and said he will drill it out 1st service and replace. (got the tools/skills to do it but why should I) Anybody else found that everything seems to have been torqued up by a gorilla?

D

Deleted member 20

I've hear this before on the MT-09, the rear pegs are seriously bolted and many before you have rounded bolts tryin.

xt660isgood2

Operation "remove rear pegs" is now terminated. removed lhs and came to take rhs off. funny old thing the rear brake res is bolted on to the bracket.
Quite liking them rear pegs now? As matey said earlier they weigh bugger all anyway.How annoying would it be to find a damsel in distress and she's got nowhere to put her feet.
So pegs back on. Hope you like my roses

sdrio

So what did you do with the brake reservoir? I thought about taking mine off, as I have done with most of my bikes, but then I'd have to fix the reservoir.

I did see somewhere some aftermarket supplier makes a bracket to solve that, not sure where it was though (probably here somewhere).

LC mick

So what did you do with the brake reservoir? I thought about taking mine off, as I have done with most of my bikes, but then I'd have to fix the reservoir.

I did see somewhere some aftermarket supplier makes a bracket to solve that, not sure where it was though (probably here somewhere).
R@G do a bracket

mellanslag

I'm tempted to do this as well, but as already stated, the reservoir is attached to one of the peg brackets.
Here's one (of the..?) product that enables passenger footpeg removal: Yamaha MT-07 Pillion Foot peg Removal Kit

One downside would be that the passenger footpeg brackets seem to protect the rear of the motorcycle to some extent in case of crash, though I can't really say how much.

I'd love to see a pic of an MT-07 with pegs removed though.

xt660isgood2

Yeah, I've left them on now, why spend money to take something off? and when they were off "resi dangling" to be honest from the rear it made the bike look even smaller "125 ish" (apart from the rear tire of cause)
Not just saying it coz project disaster but they look better on.

da1kini

I'm tempted to do this as well, but as already stated, the reservoir is attached to one of the peg brackets.
Here's one (of the..?) product that enables passenger footpeg removal: Yamaha MT-07 Pillion Foot peg Removal Kit

One downside would be that the passenger footpeg brackets seem to protect the rear of the motorcycle to some extent in case of crash, though I can't really say how much.

I'd love to see a pic of an MT-07 with pegs removed though.
Heres one roughly photshoped version with pegs removed, would have to find a new holder for the rear brake fluid though :D

without_passenger_.jpg

Heres one with the evotech removal kit :) (have to much spare time....)

without_passenger_ copy.jpg

Last edited:

mellanslag

It does look a tad naked in the rear, maybe too naked with the pegs removed. However, if a hugger is added, I think it would look awesome. Must add rear hugger and peg removal kit to the wish-list.

da1kini

It does look a tad naked in the rear, maybe too naked with the pegs removed. However, if a hugger is added, I think it would look awesome. Must add rear hugger and peg removal kit to the wish-list.
That might be better, heres one with a purple hugger! :)

without_passenger_ hugger.jpg

that evotech removal kit does hold the brake res on them. this i can confirm as i have seen them close up on a demo bike. and they look pretty good as well.