This is really serious..!

Yaminator

Why are people uploading exhaust video's with the baffle's in there's no point, Without the baffle shows the true potential of the equipment. Grrr!!

D

Deleted member 20

Why are people removing the baffle in the first place, there's no point.
The noise is unbearable not only for the rider but for everyone within a 1 mile radius.

spencer

Just fitted a MIVV GP carbon high level exhaust and tried it with out the db killer, NO NO NO if I was 20 again then great!!! but to loud, put the db killer in and now it sound lovely and loud enough for car drivers to ear me coming.

Crypto

To be fair, there have been plenty of situations where RJ's loud exhaust has prevented rather serious accidents. Scaring people like that is not something he does all the time. He seems rather respectful and also explains his reasoning behind the loud exhausts in London traffic. No matter if you agree with him or not, he does indeed have video evidence of potential accidents being avoided thanks to revving. That being said, I do hate bikes that are superloud just for the sake of it. The relatively noiseless MT-07 stock exhaust is actually something I like, even though I might go for something louder in the future (with baffle in!).

Last edited:

Ralph

The kind of twat that gives bikers a bad name maybe ???? it's a wonder no one as taken a rounders bat to him.

I ride the MT with a standard exhaust and a Morini still with a standard exhaust but with the Morini
the wife knows to put a brew on long before I arrive, cant say I notice other drivers treating me
any different but put a Yellow high vis bib or jacket on, now that gets you noticed the difference
is very noticeable, so if you really want to be safe go high vis, only costs a few quid instead of a grand
and actually does make a difference, it may be uncool make you look a twat maybe but your more likely
to be a live twat.

D

Deleted member 20

Noise is pollution. Imagine all bikes sounded like RoyalTwat's Nuda revvin the shit out of it in city centers where people work, live and sleep.

Gaulois

certainly TWAT. Even my 13 years old daughter knows that "loud pipes are for riders with a complex". I did brain wash her on this one since she was 5 years old. I LOVE brain washing :)
But as a respectable biker, you shouldn't rely on noise to make your self safe. Instead, you should see everything coming 5 minutes ago for a mile away, and work around it. If you need noise, you shouldn't be riding in the first place. its like a pedestrian yelling every time someone gets in hi/her way.

Crypto

Especially in the London traffic shown in RJ's videos when at any time in slow moving traffic a pedestrian might step out from the front of a bus having a loud bike is surely more safe, even though the loud noise is obnoxious. Even if you're filtering at very low speeds, hitting a pedestrian could end up really bad. A lot of peds don't even consider the fact that cyclists or motorcycles may be moving between cars so they just cross the road.

Yaminator

I do like both, & to be honest as a London rider i feel and notice after trying both i feel a big vulnerability with a quiet exhaust,
So after hearing guys talk about loud pipes i now agree you have got to have a bit of noise it is a big help for everyone especially for London, to much traffic & to many people on phones & with so much on their minds.
& it also turns the heads of real bikers.... So whatever i suppose, so go ahead & judge, its how i feel & i feel better with a bit of noise...

DeadHead

Loud pipes are fine, just needs a rider with some common sense, to think of his surroundings and not ride in such a way they are loud all the time.

mike d

I love my Akra Ti with the baffle in. If you ride any distance without plugs, you will not enjoy your ride as much without the baffles (until you destroy your hearing).

D

Deleted member 20

Summary:
Stock or aftermarket w. baffle in = ok.
Aftermarket w. baffle out = noise pollution, not ok.

Gaz2212

i have akra ti fitted, i ran it without baffle for about a month, it was obnoxiously loud and unbearable in the end, i refitted the baffle yes a lot quieter but still louder than stock but the bike rides 10 times better with the baffle in, more torque and power which relates to the akra website results
think your video link above is misleading, the microphones in these units are quite directional and clearly the mic position in this video is in front of the exhaust, out in the open as this video is, you will not hear the exhaust note too much as the surroundings are too far away to catch any rebounded sound in the microphone, go find videos taken from behind the exhaust or drive by videos and then come back and say its not noisy

addy

Here's a perfect example...
Akra NO baffle What's noisey about this..?? the wind noise on the mic was more uncomfortable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNVinp_-ZCA
The akra without the baffle is far too loud, it will put a smile on your face the time you ride though but for everyday its too much. As a London rider too I found with the baffle in that it was too quiet especially in central London but after modifying the baffle it's perfect. It allows me to be respectful to people in residential areas but make some noise and be heard when I need to.

That video doesn't even come close to doing the akra justice.

Last edited: