throttle responce

FZ07Fighter

First post here. Just picked up a new FZ 07 a little over a week ago. Its my first two wheeled ride and im loving it. I usually ride a 700 raptor that is heavily modified. 73 hp/62*tq.*Im not sure if its a motorcycle thing (two cyclinders) but when i blip the throttle it seems to hesitate or bog a little bit. After watching a couple of vids on youtube it seems they all do it. When i blip the raptor there is zero hesitation. Is there some way to correct this with a powercommander or is this something i have to live with?

Last edited:

FZ07Fighter

I read the whole the whole thing and it didnt answer my question, but i did give me some insight at to why the hesitation might be there. Could be a shitty fuel pump. When i easly role on the throttle its fine but when i blip it thats when i bogs. Or it could be starving for air. Has anybody removed the air box cover?

Last edited:

sdrio

I read the whole the whole thing and it didnt answer my question, but i did give me some insight at to why the hesitation might be there. Could be a shitty fuel pump. When i easly role on the throttle its fine but when i blip it thats when i bogs. Or it could be starving for air. Has anybody removed the air box cover?
It wouldn't answer your question because it hasn't been resolved.

It is the same issue.

FZ07Fighter

It seems to me like a map issue. Either not enough fuel or air. I had the same problem with my raptor when i uploaded a bad map to my powercommander.

Ralph

It seems some of them run a little lean just off idle,
or opening the throttle quickly catches the injection out.
Not got mine yet but the demo one was as good as gold.

FZ07Fighter

I did and its about stalling while sitting at lights and when at high temps. The problem im having is not stalling but poor throttle responce when you blip it. I know fair bit about FI because ive had to build and adjust maps for my raptor everytime i installed a new mod. With a lean or rich condition you will get poor throttle repsonce. That said, a weak fuel pump would do the same thing.

sdrio

I did and its about stalling while sitting at lights and when at high temps. The problem im having is not stalling but poor throttle responce when you blip it. I know fair bit about FI because ive had to build and adjust maps for my raptor everytime i installed a new mod. With a lean or rich condition you will get poor throttle repsonce. That said, a weak fuel pump would do the same thing.
OK, well we have been discussing exactly the same thing in the other thread. We know it isn't stalling, we know it's the engine misfiring as you blip the throttle, we know it's probably a fuel/air problem. We have discussed whether a power commander might help. So far there is no definitive answer.

If you know about this stuff, would be great if you could post it in the other thread, as not only are we all interested in a solution, but it's good to get all the people who have this problem to describe it there.

Multiple threads on exactly the same issue are hard work, and something useful might get missed.

Just my suggestion.

FZ07Fighter

I would love to help any way i can but i would need to get my hands on a powercommander and a couple days of trial and error. Funds are tight right now and i need protective riding gear first. A PCV is the first mod on my list. I love these forums and if it wasnt for the raptor forum im pretty sure id still be driving a big 3 raptor and wouldnt know anything about FI. ill try and help any where i can but like i said i would need to get my hands on a PCV.