Tuning the bike

Livestrong

Hello,

I'm going to buy an Arrow exhaust line and I'm going to combine this with a DNA air-filter, now I'm thinking if I put in the air-filter, should that give an effect on the sound?

And if I put in this combination, should I have to change something, more fuel perhaps? Or do I have to do a dyno-run?

thanks!

mrirvs

On the DNA website they offer a DNA Filter + Stage 2 DNA airbox cover and quote nearly 2x the airflow that a standard filter will give. They also recommend a fuelling device (Power commander) when using both products but I don't think they are available yet.

However, with the Arrow pipe + filter only you may be OK with the Lambda sensor and ECU taking care of the fuelling but I would definitely put it on a Dyno to reassure me that it wasn't running too weak.

There is a company advertising a remap of the ECU for the MT07 but I think this is just to remap the standard bike to remove Yamaha restrictions etc

Livestrong

Thank you for the info! The filter and airbox are available, I already have the filter but I don't think I'm going to buy the airbox.

I will putt them on when I reached my 1000 miles and go to the dealer for a dyno-run, then I will also know if there is a performance difference.

FZ07Fighter

Get a powercommander V. These bikes are lean from factory. Even changing the filter will create a lean condition which in turn will create more heat and thats bad.

Livestrong

Yeah I know but are there remaps available for Belgium? haven't found one yet.
And it's my first bike so what does a powercommander do and can I install it myself? What's the price and which model for MT-07?