Wanted - LED front light unit

Deputy

I know the MT07 was built to a certain budget, but after using full LED (not HID) lights on a new Audi they are awesome. The new VFR800 has a full LED headlight and I'd love an aftermarket company to design a whole new unit to replace the current one. Just fitting an LED H4 bulb into the current unit won't be effective. I might have to get a few automotive CREE LED units and a 3D printer........
Or maybe even modify this Harley part into a more angular design....
5-3/4" Daymaker LED Headlamp-67700145 | Headlights | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store
HD LED light.JPG

Anyone else got light mods they are after?

Last edited:

Deputy

(stupid browser crashed while uploading first image and lost content!)
After using a new Audi with full LED (not HID) headlights they are awesome. The new VFR800 has a full LED light and Harley offer an aftermarket one. I'd love a more angular one to match the MT07. Maybe I need to buy the HD one for the parts and get going with a 3d printer....
Harley-Davidson® Daymaker

i just bought a HID kit for the bike. looking for someone with experience to help fit it as im a worrier when it comes to electrical stuff.

Gaz2212

Bluemachine

I fitted hid kit to mine, electrical installation really simple the hard part is finding room for the ballast but not impossible

Firstly remove seat, tank panels and head light
Fit the new bulb to the headlight and put aside
I fitted my ballast behind the rectifier on the left side of the petrol tank not enough room behind the headlight, there was then wiring from the ballast to the bulb and a loom that plugs into the original headlight wiring, I ran this with the original wiring on the left of the headstock and cable tied to the original loom. This was only just long enough which made it difficult plugging the wiring together for the new bulb. I then refitted the headlight
The only wires I had left then was a battery feed and earth which you can run under the petrol tank and cable tie to the original loom
There is no extra draw on the battery with these kits in fact there is less than the original bulb because the hid kit runs at 23000volt at the bulb. As the voltage goes up the current draw comes down so no worries with battery

Gaz2212

Honestly it's not difficult, you are not splicing into any bike wiring it is all just plug together other than connecting to the battery. I check the forum daily so if you get stuck post it up and I will try to help all I can
Cheers
Gaz

i may get it fitted when it goes in for the 600 mile check. im sure its not difficult but ive had disasters with electrics in the past lol