What is the best method of transporting a spare helmet

Simoncrp

Can anyone advise the best way of carrying round a spare helmet? I will sometimes take one of my kids on the back of my bike but then take their helmet back home with me. I do this by putting my arm through the helmet. But I don't feel safe as I dread to think what it would do to my arm if I had an accident.
So I looked online for an elasticated cargo net but I can't see where I would strap it down to, as there are no pillion handles on the MT07.
Any solutions? (I don't have a top box.) Can it be fixed under the rear seat easily?

foxracer

Could you not just use a bungee cord? Failing that, under the pillion seat there are fabric loops which you can use to fix stuff too. Also, in the pack that comes with the bike, there's a little wire with two loops at the end. This is designed to be used to secure a helmet to the bike (when stationary I assume) by looping it through the screwdriver bit attached to the underside of the seat. Take it off and have a look :p

sdrio

There are quite a few places to hook around under the passenger seat - the cargo net hooks will reach the frame of the bike, also the passenger footpeg has a very suitable place to hook onto and the net reaches that. I have strapped a lid on the back of mine a few times, doing exactly what you do.

Discostew

Under the seat there should be a cable you put ya lid on it, the two ends of the cable have a loop that you put we're you screwdriver is :)

sdrio

Under the seat there should be a cable you put ya lid on it, the two ends of the cable have a loop that you put we're you screwdriver is :)
This is for locking a helmet on a stationary bike. I wouldn't trust that for carrying one on the move. It would also stick out, could hit something.

addy

Damn! Already ordered the large one.
From reading the comments people say the large is just big enough to hold a full face lid so maybe I was sent a large by mistake lol, if it is slightly too big you can move the hooks to make it more secure.