which is the optimal temperature to move the mt07 after you have started the engine?

kiriakos

My dealer told me to wait 2-3 minutes after i started the engine and then move the bike. The manual doesnt say a specific temperature, only that you shouldnt move the bike
while the engine is not warm enough. At What temperature is the engine warm enough to start moving the bike?

Thnx in advance

Viking

My dealer told me to wait 2-3 minutes after i started the engine and then move the bike. The manual doesnt say a specific temperature, only that you shouldnt move the bike
while the engine is not warm enough. At What temperature is the engine warm enough to start moving the bike?

Thnx in advance
well, You have your engine temp displayed on your control panel and when the temp is too low it displays "lo"... when it warms up it displays temp (40c°) and you can go!!! Look it up in the manual...

Ralph

I do the same with any bike, start the engine with my gloves off
by the time I have my gloves on it's ready to go but ride gently
for the first 2 miles or so.

allyw71

This is a difficult one, depending on which expert you talk to. Some say warm it up before riding, others say most engine wear happens when the engine is cold and the quickest way to warm it and prevent wear is drive it straight away, albeit gently. This is what I do as it makes sense to me, but I'm not sure if its right or wrong.

busey

I start my bike put helmet and gloves on and go how warm do you get your car before driving off ?

Viking

The car and the bike are not the same. Some say you must warm up before you ride to get the oil to right temp to do it's purpose and others say that you cant get the oil warm without riding a bike... I think you shouldn't rev it hard with an cold engine...

McCracken

Dont let the bike stand still and warm up at all. It is not good for anything...

Start the bike and start "moving", keep the revs low until its warmed up.(ofc dont give it full trottle in low rpms either, before its warmed up)

Letting the bike stand still for a warm up is so 1980.