Which screen if any at all?????

MrSquidbeak

Hi

would like to hear from anyone that has a screen (windshield) on their MT-07.
Want to know what screen you have, if it makes any wind resistance difference at all, how easy it was to fit and any pics of it if you kind people have time? :)

I love the look of no screen but want to get as much speed as i can out of the bike on straights and track days, so if that means adding a screen so be it. When i test rode the bike got on an A road and at 85mph felt like i was going to have my head ripped off and the top speed in the book says 130mph :eek:

I have read some trad website that have said that some makes i.e. the Puig short sports screen give amazing wind resistance (but they are trying to sell me the damn thing).

If anyone could help it would be amazing

Thanks

Nuggets

Squid, try the thread "screen" in the modifications section, plenty of pics and discussion there including pics of my "beauty" the gen-x touring, so so ugly but very effective at throwing the wind up over your shoulders (I'm 5'9") and makes high speeds achievable. Fairly easy to fit as well. Mines either going on eBay or bein treated to a session with the dremel and a vinyl wrap. I'll make a swan out of the ugly duckling for sure (can't make it look any worse!)

xt660isgood2

Squid, try the thread "screen" in the modifications section, plenty of pics and discussion there including pics of my "beauty" the gen-x touring, so so ugly but very effective at throwing the wind up over your shoulders (I'm 5'9") and makes high speeds achievable. Fairly easy to fit as well. Mines either going on eBay or bein treated to a session with the dremel and a vinyl wrap. I'll make a swan out of the ugly duckling for sure (can't make it look any worse!)
I'll 2nd that lol....maybe a chainsaw might help;) Only kidding. But you are correct, it sure doesn't win any points for looks. But I can see how it stops the wind, which is the main thing.
Then again as said previously. strapping a dustbin lid to the front of your MT is equally affective :D