Why is this happening?

yoav.b.cohen

Why is this happening and how do i remove it?
I lubricate the chain every week and a half.. or 200km with motul product and suddenly this appears, how do i remove it and prevent it?
Thanks

Tommeke

Use engine cleaner and lube from motorex . I had the same before with motul on my former bike. In the end I lubed my flanks to..

jeppebm

Think its the product that sucks basically :) - Yamalube is the best, silly enough - or Castrol Chain cleaner.
Its not worth it saving on chaincleaner or any cleaningproducts for that matter.

AJ Nin

I think you got a faulty chain. At some point it got wet of course, but it still shouldn't rust. I had this happen on another bike (a Grom) and nobody else seemed to have the problem. I ended up replacing the chain and the 2nd chain...same brand and specs, did not rust. If your chain is like mine, it helps to dry and oil it, but it will rust again any time it gets wet. My chain rusted a lot more than yours, but then it was a cheap, non o-ring chain that cost $9. My FZ-07 chain has been wet a couple times and has no rust at all. It should be the same chain you have.

D

Deleted member 20

My D.I.D ZVM-X gold/gold doesn't rust. Think it's 24 carat.

Last edited by a moderator:

sdrio

Daft question, but do you live near the sea?

I lived in front of the beach in Rio for 10 years, everything I owned from bikes to computers used to start rusting within days of buying them.

Ralph

Just give the sides of the chain a rub with a oily rag, chain's get warm and through oil off
so you have to do it quite often, more often if you have the chain to tight as it will get hotter,
it's surprising how often you see a immaculate bike with a chain that looks like it's been imerst
in battery acid for the past week.
DID are probably the best chain money can buy.

xt660isgood2

I just prop up rear end and rotate wheel slowly dabbing each "o" ring with a tiny brush using clean engine oil. Then wrap a rag around chain and spin wheel to wipe off access, oiling the side of
the chain as you go. Works for me with long chain life. 1st couple of rides out tend to get back wheel a bit messy but just wipe off.
I've tried some of the different rip- off chain lube products from bike shops over the years. My cheapo method seems just as affective