winter projects and mods!?

Bilen

I am going to get, Sub Cowling in Silver, LED Flashers, Tail tidy. From Yamaha.

And a nicer sound with Akrapovic or SC Project exhaust.

Crypto

I am going to get, Sub Cowling in Silver, LED Flashers, Tail tidy. From Yamaha.

And a nicer sound with Akrapovic or SC Project exhaust.
You should check out the Yoshimura. Cheaper than Akra and awesome sound! Looks great in my opinion too.

[video=youtube;quTMCIAQW2Y] FZ-07 MT-07 Yoshimura R-77 Exhaust System Sound Comparison Test [/video]

Bilen

da1kini

Thanks, thats a good price. I have got a estimated prise Akrapovic for 1000$ from a retailer in Sweden (no installation). probably i will go for that one anyway.

Btw i heard from Yamaha Center in Sweden that Akrapovic is curently updating their prices for 2015, hopefully they are lowering them to better match the competition.
7500 SEK?

What retailer? ;D

Bilen

7500 SEK?

What retailer? ;D
Yamaha Center Helsingborg (yc365.se), bought the bike from them, also ordered some other items so i got a good price. (prev post)

Sorry, the price was not exactly 1000 dollars, i rounded it down :/ .

8200 Swedish kronor = 1 032.011 U.S. dollars. = 683.292614 British pounds, (still Cheaper than yamabits).

Thomas Crown

Put on exhaust, heated grips, r6 throttle body, did a throttle body sync, lubed the clutch and brake levers, and did an oil change. Still need to adjust the chain.

Needs rearsets, rear shock, and speedo relocation. Those will be my summer projects.

jeppebm

Did you document it with some photos :D of the procedure!? :D i would like to hear from you on what difference the heated grips

addy

Would also like to hear the difference with heated grips as i was thinking of that route ,even hand guards was a thought. :confused:
Heated grips make such a difference, I'm mostly riding round London so not a lot of motorways but it just makes riding more comfortable. I'm using sports hot grips and they feel good, thicker than the standard ones and more grip.

Nuggets

Put on exhaust, heated grips, r6 throttle body, did a throttle body sync, lubed the clutch and brake levers, and did an oil change. Still need to adjust the chain.

Needs rearsets, rear shock, and speedo relocation. Those will be my summer projects.

What do R6 throttle bodies give you that the stock ones do not? have you dyno'd it? And how did you fit the bodies off an inline 4 to the twin? I'm interested in this mod, power seems maximised with an exhaust, air filter and a PC.V if changing the throttle bodies squeezes out a few more ponies I'm interested as plenty of R6 parts on eBay.

Last edited:

Thomas Crown

Sorry, I meant R6 throttle tube. The heated grips make a big difference, allowing me to use summer (more comfortable) gloves in the 45 f weather.

Thomas Crown

Oxford kit is plug and play. Very simple and straightforward. Toughest bit was throttle body sync, which I can do much faster now that I have experience.