Been out today.

Ralph

Dis about 50 miles today called at Caton nr Lancaster for a buttie
bike running well but a bit on the cool side but got to make most
of dry weather even though the roads are coved in salt.

Ralph

Out again today up to Devils Bridge, but hows this for a average speed?

Had some low passes up the valley from a Euro Fighter maybe his radar scrambled the sat nav's brain.

William

Out for two or three hours today, only 3 days after the highest
rain fall since records began, and in the UK that's a fair bit of
damp, many small places still cut off power off road washed away
and so on still blowing a half gale 50 mph this afternoon water
flowing off the fields across the roads, even the local radio station
was off air for about a day only able to play caned music they
are still on emergency generators, and the 07 ran like
a good un, never missed a beat, even 50 mph + side winds don't
move it about unlike some much heaver bikes I have had,
even started first touch after about 3 weeks in a cold garage.
Smooth, quiet, economical, light, only real annoyance
is the rear shock but that,s ok at slow speed gets a bit floppy
at medium then to me at least seems to get better as you push
on, what,s not to like.
"and the 07 ran like a good un, never missed a
beat , even 50 mph + side winds don't move it about unlike some much heavier
bikes."

I have a 2007 650R (ER6F) and one day a huge gust of wind hit me sideways,
and I went into a speed wobble doing about 50 miles per hour and almost crashed.
The fairing sure didn't help me there; It was more like a sail. From what I've gathered from the MT-07,
it's only real weakness seems to be at high freeway speed. The high freeway speeds
over 90 miles per hour are over here if you want a license and a bike or car.
This is one reason I'm thinking of trading my ER6F for the MT-07. It would be nice
also to have a brand new bike with updated technology.

I like the 2016 Matte Silver, but I have a chance to buy a brand new white 2015 MT-07
for $800-$1,000 dollars below the 2016 price. The white bike would look good with red rim stripes
and some other nice Yamaha red accessories.

Last edited:

Ralph

I had a Versys, with more or less the same engine as the ER, the 07 engine is much better
more power low down and smoother better on fuel, the Kawasaki had a better seat but not much
and the suspension was better I don't have a problem with the front on the 07 but the rear could
do with a better shock, having said that it no longer bothers me slow into a corner and accelerate
round it and the suspension works fine, and the 07 is much lighter feeling like a 250 on steroids.
Long rides at high speed and you really need a faring but they can make a bike susceptible to side winds
something the 07 is not I have done quit a few 400 mile days and rarely ride less than 40 miles if I
go out on a bike, now over 10,000 just fitted a new front tyre rear will make 11 or 12 I seem to be
hard on fronts, see if you can get a demo ride I think you will like it.

William

Out for two or three hours today, only 3 days after the highest
rain fall since records began, and in the UK that's a fair bit of
damp, many small places still cut off power off road washed away
and so on still blowing a half gale 50 mph this afternoon water
flowing off the fields across the roads, even the local radio station
was off air for about a day only able to play caned music they
are still on emergency generators, and the 07 ran like
a good un, never missed a beat, even 50 mph + side winds don't
move it about unlike some much heaver bikes I have had,
even started first touch after about 3 weeks in a cold garage.
Smooth, quiet, economical, light, only real annoyance
is the rear shock but that,s ok at slow speed gets a bit floppy
at medium then to me at least seems to get better as you push
on, what,s not to like.
I had a Versys, with more or less the same engine as the ER, the 07 engine is much better
more power low down and smoother better on fuel, the Kawasaki had a better seat but not much
and the suspension was better I don't have a problem with the front on the 07 but the rear could
do with a better shock, having said that it no longer bothers me slow into a corner and accelerate
round it and the suspension works fine, and the 07 is much lighter feeling like a 250 on steroids.
Long rides at high speed and you really need a faring but they can make a bike susceptible to side winds
something the 07 is not I have done quit a few 400 mile days and rarely ride less than 40 miles if I
go out on a bike, now over 10,000 just fitted a new front tyre rear will make 11 or 12 I seem to be
hard on fronts, see if you can get a demo ride I think you will like it.
My 1977 RD 400 was good up to 100 mph for wind. It didn't go much faster than that anyway. For
better suspension can you set the rear shock for your weight? Could you do a budget job and just
put in different oil in the front shocks? I'll be honest. It's hard to let my 650R go. I've had it since new,
and nothing has gone wrong with it. Just fairing rattle and buzzing, which is virtually gone since I fixed
that. I could trade the 650R maybe at the end of the year and get an used MT-07 2016 model, or
there is that white one I mentioned. That would look nice with red accessories like Yamaha factory
rim stripes and maybe one or two different red accessories.

Ralph

Rear shock has I think 7 positions anyway mine is one from the hardest, must eat less pies,
you could no doubt put thicker oil in the forks but I am happy with them so have not
bothered messing about.

sash

I wouldnt roll my MT out of the living room when the forecast even just suggests a shower.......but on the downside we do not have curvy roads here....can't win, unless we move to california...;)

Ralph

Been out but not on the MT

Well the Morini has gone swapped for this,

So I now have 2 700 and odd cc parallel twins, both 2014 but there the similarity ends, will run the two for a
week or two then decide which to keep.

Last edited: