Carrying a security chain and pillion

addy

Was in a bike shop today and checked the crappy oxford/abus chains etc and they are so light compared to what I use lol, I would be fine chucking one of those over my shoulder but they are a joke in terms of security.

Vold

Was in a bike shop today and checked the crappy oxford/abus chains etc and they are so light compared to what I use lol, I would be fine chucking one of those over my shoulder but they are a joke in terms of security.
I've got paragmasis like you ( I think ) no issues with those, first times was a bit not comfy but got use to it ( and my missus too :) )

Give it a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nobull

Just a thought, but what about putting a small tail pack UNDER the rear subframe above the wheel. Velcro strap on type so it would still be tight, strapped over the rear seat. Would have to check it didn't rub the tyre on acceleration/over bumps with pillion on, not sure its feasible but thinking out loud. Personally I would never carry a chain on my neck/shoulder/in a ruck sack, I've had more than my fair share of accidents racing/trackdays & the thought of a chain under my back as I landed doesn't bear thinking about, at best broken ribs & punctured lung (again) at worst broken back or kidney/ureter rupture. I agree with a lot of the comments made above though - they are after easy targets, have plenty to choose from, so even a light 'crap' chain is likely to succeed unless they really want it (unlikely with an mt07 as cant sell them on as track bike).

addy

Was out the other day without the chain and found a really lovely unsecured 2015 s1000rr to park next to lol. Hopefully the bracket for my tank bag should be here tomorrow so can try that out, I would be worried about having something under in case it came off and caused me to have a serious accident.

I think the tank bag should be ok and for what I need I can order another chain a bit shorted reducing the weight by a few kg.

Last edited:

robodene

I have been thinking about making a wooden box for a chain which fits in place of the pillion pad. If you carry a passenger (I do not), the box could be suitably upholstered.