Colour Dilemma...

Hobbsy

So I'm in the market for an 07 but I don't know what colour to go for. Ideally I'd have black but they don't do one, the grey I like but I'm not keen on the plastic tank. The blue racer one looks cool but I'm 34 and think I may be a bit old for that look ?? So I end up back at Deep Amour, I'd just rather it was black..!! I'm not getting one until January I don't think, does anyone know if there are plans for a phase two of this bike with slight tweaks and maybe new colours..?

Vasago

Just put plast dip on tank. You can recolor it anytime you want and then just pill the new layer off to go back to the original look.

sdrio

The 'tank' is actually just two plastic panels. They're split down the middle, so are quite a simple shape.

On the racing red one (and maybe others) the only coloured parts are those two panels. I'm pretty sure you could vinyl wrap those.

This has come up once or twice. I'm going to be devlish and risk £20 today - I'm going to order some vinyl wrap and try it out this weekend. Will report back with photos.

McCracken

I would recommend doing something about the finish of this bike, no matter what color you pick. The Yamaha decals on the tank is on the outside, zero protection and will very like get damaged over time.

I would pick deep amour and give it 2X or 3X clear coat asap. That Yamaha decal will come off easy just by picking it witt your nail.

gmdeboer

Nice color! I was thinking in doing the same :) with vinyl or plastdip. Looking forward to your photos!

cosmikdebriis

Well whatever colour you end up with... Just make sure that come next spring, you arrange a rideout, preferably with a stop for lunch in Ventnor.

Rouqui

get red, white or grey, the other colours will date. Yam must make some styling changes next year, will probably drop racing blue and add orange or something

dazzor

Why are most against the race blue?
We can only answer for ourselves; personally I find it a tad boy-racer-esque. Also, saliently mentioned, I suspect it will look dated much faster than a classic colour scheme.....just my opinion as you did ask. :)

All totally subjective and part of me quite likes the race-blue....just no so much as the Matt grey, then the white.

I'm sure many consider the matt grey dull as ditch water. I like the clean look and I think it will mod well with bits of red.

Last edited:

Unsterbliche

I'm 21, thus it stands without reason. Gotten a lot of compliments on the race blue though (but mostly from younger generation bikers to be honest)...

Vasago

I like RB painting. Yes, it's brash. So what? It's a naked bike, not a family station wagon. But honestly, with exception of already mentioned RB, every single color scheme could be easily change to another one. So it's not really important what you buy. With nowadays materials (Plasti Dip again) you can go yourself from red to black, or from grey to white in one hour or so.