Colour Dilemma...

Slossy

Hobbsy, Mines is the deep purple one, most people think its black as the purple only shows in certain light.

rappetor

I ordered the red version and will change the colour to white (my bike is at the dealer as we speak, waiting for the white tank covers..). Then I keep the dark front fender of the red version, and I have the black frame. Think it looks very clean this way.
But it was a hard choice, because I like all the colours. Except maybe the race blue and purple one. But those are not -that- bad, just at the lower end of my preference :)

Ralph

I ordered the red version and will change the colour to white (my bike is at the dealer as we speak, waiting for the white tank covers..). Then I keep the dark front fender of the red version, and I have the black frame. Think it looks very clean this way.
But it was a hard choice, because I like all the colours. Except maybe the race blue and purple one. But those are not -that- bad, just at the lower end of my preference :)
Yes wish I had done that.

gmdeboer

May I ask you what you've paid for the extra tank covers? My guess you'll pay way too much for it at the dealer...:(

rappetor

May I ask you what you've paid for the extra tank covers? My guess you'll pay way too much for it at the dealer...:(
Nothing.. Dealer was ok with swapping the covers. And he was able to sell the red ones to another customer. So everybody was happy :)
edit: Is happy actually, kinda.. Still waiting for my bike to be delivered. Waiting for the covers from Yamaha, should have been yesterday. So hopefully today I can finally pick up my MT-07 :)

gmdeboer

Me too! But I also like the white one. And the grey! So if the tank covers are cheap, I'll buy both [emoji1]

sdrio

Me too! But I also like the white one. And the grey! So if the tank covers are cheap, I'll buy both [emoji1]
If they're expensive, we can make our own.

I did a full set of molds for my XT660 when I lived in Brazil, as I used to hammer the living daylights out of it, and I kept the originals tucked away and wrecked the fibreglass copies I made.

Those panels aren't so complicated.

da1kini

How much do the tank covers cost?

pgeldz

You have great taste my friend! That's exactly what I did, as I think the Matte Black frame and dark front fender look awesome with the Pearl White. That, and the Pearl White matches my new helmet :)

I'm still breaking mine in so I'll hold off on the mods until I'm finished...but here's a rendering of what'll look like when it's all said and done:

fz07 custom 4.jpg

I wanted a darker look, but still some color, and this goes perfectly with my gear :)

hi vis look.jpg

:)

- Paulie

Hobbsy

So if i wanted it as black as possible I should buy a red one and get the tank wrapped in black ? i'd like to totally debadge it so hopefully the Yamaha logo comes off ? Tail tidy will finish it off nicely i reckon..!!

Vasago

I bought red one without even seeing it. Before the bike was delivered I had seriously considered painting/dipping it to black. After I saw how this bike actually looks in red there’s not a chance I’m going to repaint it. It’s perfect. So unless you saw that bike and didn’t like it don’t waste your time thinking about new colors ;)

Viking

I was shure i would buy a red one but when i saw all of them next to each other the matt gray won. To me it looks better and more serius. When it gets dusty it looks like it came right out from mad max movie! Race blue is beautiful but the blue rim and the chain oil is something i dislike. Competition white is great but the white is makeing a bike smaller. Purple is not so "purple". It is dark purple and in most cases if you see it in a moment it will look anithyng but purple. Red is a youngster color!