DNA filter

pgeldz

Paulie

This guy may be worth a try, he's a uk retailer but his site says international shipping, no idea how much though

Here's the link

DNA AIR FILTER YAMAHA MT-07 2014 | Motorcycle Exhausts | Performance Parts
I really appreciate the link!

I just checked the website, and had a look at the DNA site also. What's weird is that the DNA website lists the filter separately for the '14 MT-07 and the '15 FZ-07, but the part numbers are identical. Same thing for the Air box cover - they have a listing for the '14 MT-07 and the '15 FZ-07 separately, but again...same part number. Very weird. Since I have a US spec 'FZ-07, I just went ahead and ordered them off the DNA website direct, with next day international shipping. I'm sure it's not the most cost effective way to do it, but I'll cross my fingers they arrive soon.

I'll let ya know when the filter and airbox cover arrive, in case anyone is wondering how long it would take if ordered through DNA direct :)

- Paulie

Slossy

Is anyone ordering the cleaning kit with this? As it mentions this; 'Taking Care of the Filter
The DNA Air Filter will serve you for many years and needs very little care using the optional DNA Service kit.
When the filter is dirty or approximately after every 3000 miles, simply follow the cleaning instructions that you can find in the service kit, allow the filter to dry, re-oil and you are ready to use your filter again, like new!

had 600 miles service today and dna filter fitted. notice a roar now on accelerating and bike responds better on the pick up from the lights. also got the hid light fitted and it is a clear difference riding at night everyone sees you coming as it does shine higher because the mirror layout isnt set up for it.
but it is a great improvement and as i ride a lot at night worth doing.

pgeldz

Ok guys,

Just wanted to let you know I GOT MY DNA FILTER AND STAGE 2 AIRBOX COVER!!!

:)

Ordered it Sunday using the fastest shipping option they had. It was processed Monday and arrived Wednesday!!! 2 days From Athens, Greece to the United States...not too shabby :)

It'll be a while until I install it though as I'm waiting on my fuel solution...

Just wanted to let you know ordering it from the DNA website direct worked like a charm...

- Paulie

Rousey

Fitting the DNA filter

Hi livestrong thanks foe that. Have just put new filter in - as you said fairly easy to do - and have noticed an increase in power, but also the stock exhaust is quite a bit louder!! (Which is no bad thing lol) Did it make a difference to yours?
Hi, forgive my ignorance but when fitting the DNA filter do you have to take off all the plastic shrouds and body work round the tank?

BGL

Hi Livestrong. After reading your post I bought a DNA filter, and today I was going to fit this. Unfortunately I had to "give up" during the process as I did not succeed to remove the plastic panels on the side of the tank. I took of the seat, loosened all the bolts, and pulled the panels from the three rubber mountings in each side, but still it felt like the panels was not entirely loose enough to pull from the bike? I know this question is almost impossible to answer, but perhaps you (or someone else) have a "trick" on how to remove the panels?
Thanks in advance for answers :)

da1kini

Hi Livestrong. After reading your post I bought a DNA filter, and today I was going to fit this. Unfortunately I had to "give up" during the process as I did not succeed to remove the plastic panels on the side of the tank. I took of the seat, loosened all the bolts, and pulled the panels from the three rubber mountings in each side, but still it felt like the panels was not entirely loose enough to pull from the bike? I know this question is almost impossible to answer, but perhaps you (or someone else) have a "trick" on how to remove the panels?
Thanks in advance for answers :)
Have not done it myself but watched my mechanic do it 2 times. And it is hard to get lose. But you can pull harder than you would think, it is mounted like clips. just be sure you pull in the right direction. Also use a good light source or even better a flashlight.

Livestrong

If it's the front part of the panel it's normal you have to pull pretty hard, it's with a "clicking" system, a ball fits in a rubber mounting (don't know what's the correct name).
If it's the back part of the panel it's possible you forgot to pop out the black plastic pins above the passenger pegs.

Hope you succeed now.

regards

BGL

Thanks for your answers. Today I replaced the filter - as you said I just had to pull a little harder to remove the plastic covers. I actually think that the sound improved more than just a little - very nice deep sound (which will make me reconsider the change of the stock exhaust).

jmkk

[video=youtube;pOpdXyROtHs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOpdXyROtHs&list=UUd1Ai-UAW0dPfFEUCCmENuQ[/video]

jmkk

[video=youtube;YtwFEKFecm0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtwFEKFecm0&list=UUd1Ai-UAW0dPfFEUCCmENuQ[/video]

Nuggets

Have ou got a hid kit installed JMKK? That headlight looks so bright and throws good pattern of light. what you got in there?

jmkk

Have ou got a hid kit installed JMKK? That headlight looks so bright and throws good pattern of light. what you got in there?
I've bought a blue-ish LED for the citylight and a Philips 12V. 60/55W. H4 light bulb..

PeaceMaker

Anybody knows the purpose of the valve on the air box? I ve read somewhere that the American version doesn't have it..

Ralph

Don't know what it's for but it's not on at least some US bikes, it connects to a unite under the right
side of the tank called a fuel cut off valve then to a canister called a surge tank, likely a emissions thing.
Now think it's to cut down intake noise for the noise test but not messed with it so not sure, thinking of
taking the pipe off plugging the end and seeing what if any difference it makes.

Last edited: