DNA filter

FrostHazer

hey guys i just bought the DNA filter (only stage 1) and I'm thinking purchacing an akra exhaust. will i need to use power commander to fix the fuel-air mix??

FrostHazer

This is a nice write up in my opinion. Covers all your questions I hope. Dynojet Power Commander V - INSTALLED!!! | Yamaha FZ-07 Forum
hmm..that doesnt cover what i asked.
that guy used DNA airbox cover which i wil not in the near future & also used power commander. Im trying not to use power commander....and i specificaly ask for the combination of akra exhaust (that claims no ecu changes needed) + stage 1 DNA filter (that alone used doesn't need ecu programming). But do both fitted on the bike require any sort of reprogramming and mixture fixing?

Nuggets

Frost I have DNA filter and Akra runs fine with no power commander or other changes. In fact i think it tangibly improves mid range and roll on from 60mph you also get a nice deep induction sound over stock filter this adds to the sound from the Akra. No power commander needed, highly recommended mod!!

FrostHazer

Frost I have DNA filter and Akra runs fine with no power commander or other changes. In fact i think it tangibly improves mid range and roll on from 60mph you also get a nice deep induction sound over stock filter this adds to the sound from the Akra. No power commander needed, highly recommended mod!!
ok thanks mate! how's your fuel consuption, same as before?

Nuggets

Fitting it yourself isn't too bad, take off the body panels and remove the four fuel tank bracket bolts you can then swing the fuel tank up enough to undo the four screws for the air filter, the two rear screws are a bit tough and need a grub screw driver. Refit is reversal of removal. It took me about half an hour. Maybe your dealer may charge you £35-£40 for fitting it?

tw586

Guys , try just removing the rubber elbow from the top cover of the air filter box, it just pulls out and the hole left is 40% bigger than the inlet tube, sounds good too

MeanMachine

Guys , try just removing the rubber elbow from the top cover of the air filter box, it just pulls out and the hole left is 40% bigger than the inlet tube, sounds good too
I've done that too some time ago. Does sound better indeed. Nothing much at idle, but when you open throttle there is a nice deeper sound even with original exhaust.

Nuggets

My DNA was fitted yesterday. Great sound. Recommended!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Nice one spoonflames, hw much did they charge to fit? Notice any difference when you roll on from 60+? I think it definitely pulls quicker up to a (ahem) much higher speed, guess its in the eye of the beholder tho?

spoonflames

Nice one spoonflames, hw much did they charge to fit? Notice any difference when you roll on from 60+? I think it definitely pulls quicker up to a (ahem) much higher speed, guess its in the eye of the beholder tho?
Hey Nuggets! They charged me for 30 mins labour @ £27.50 . I had it done at the same time as the battery wire recall. I can definitely say i notice the deeper sound, really like it. I haven't had sufficient road to test out *those* types of speeds, but will be at weekend, or one night this week if its not wet so i'll let you know. I do generally notice a bit more grunt but that could my right hand giving it more beans subconsciously!