e-cigs/vapes etc

xt660isgood2

Been a dirty old tabber for too many years now. Had a suck on one the other day and was really shocked to how good it was. Ordered one "here next week"
Anyone out there with any good news stories? It seemed a bit of a "minefield" out there so never really considered it, but matey stopped as soon as he started "if that makes sense"
I know my will power is just rubbish and enjoy smoking but getting a bit long in the tooth now to carry on dodging the bullet (not to mention the coughing in the morning)
Any feedback much appreciated. I did try the one's that look like cigs (didn't like) But the one's you have to refill and don't look like cigs seem to have some legs, reading the reviews etc?

Will145

My step dad was a 30 a day smoker and changed to one of these and, apart from the very occasional ciggie after a few beers he doesn't touch them anymore

badger27

been vaping for 2 years better than fags any day of the week .
Spend a few extra quid on a varivolt e cig and you wont go far wrong my new fav flavor is "blue cola" tastes just like cola cubes i had as a kid

happy vaping :)

xt660isgood2

Good feedback so far all. Hopefully getting mine tomorrow. Already got some tobacco flavoured "juice" sounds a bit rude if you ask me, anyway.. . Went for the 18mg. Speaking to others it seems
the flavoured ones don't seem to do it for them so much? Badger, have you touched a real cig in that time? If so does it taste c@@p now? Haven't gone varivolt coz can't be 100% it's going to
be for me, but if it is will get one. Cheers

xt660isgood2

Haven't touched areal ciggie in 2years
Nice one. And I can see why. I have not gone a day in the last 35 years without a cigarette
“I know that’s bad” But hear me out. I enjoy it too much and can say I’ve never even
tried to give it up. Rewind back to last Thursday 7pm, (ok,I know it’s only 2 days)
my vape arrived and I used it straight away. It is going to change my life. Whenever
you feel like a smoke, 6 or 7 sucks later the craving has gone away.
I can honestly say that I will never smoke another cigarette again. I’m mainly writing this for any other “tabbers” out there. Just give it a try.
Not to mention after the initial outlay ( £37 in my case for 2 ) you can pay less.
I reckon at the most it costs around a pound a day to run.
Obviously like me you maybe thinking, it’s a minefield out there and which one do I buy? My mate recommended the 5 star buy from that well known internet mail order company beginning with “A” so that’s what I got
LIFE CHANGING!

hahapik

I was smoking for 10 years. On the 10th of September, it'll be one year, since I smoke my last cig.
I tried everything. Patches, gums, tabs, e-cigs. The only thing that made me not go back, was JUST QUITTING. Without any other "cheatingmyself" thing.
When I felt the craving, I just chew on a mint gum. First week was horrible, but after it was only better.

xt660isgood2

Don't disagree with you. Just wish I had that will power. Anyway I haven't . The point I am trying to make is: Its been five days now and I don't even miss it. It's been just too easy. So if just one
other person on here gives it a go and it works, that's got to be a result

hahapik

Don't disagree with you. Just wish I had that will power. Anyway I haven't . The point I am trying to make is: Its been five days now and I don't even miss it. It's been just too easy. So if just one
other person on here gives it a go and it works, that's got to be a result
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. It's a very good sign, that you don't miss it !!! The feeling, when you let go is indescribable, almost the same freedom as when MT riding :p

This application helped me a lot:

Quit Smoking: Cessation Nation

You can track the benefits on your health and wallet, play a game when you feel like smoking, exchange opinions on the forum.

Cheers.

sdrio

I bought a look alike kit last November, have smoked one cigarette since then (on national no smoking day). I was an extremely stubborn 20 a day smoker for 30 years.

It worked fine for me, haven't missed cigarettes at all, although wierdly, I have had a few dreams where I was smoking . . .

I very quickly found the look alikes weren't up to the job though, and got a kit with the plastic vaporisers, with replaceable coils - I assume that's what you got. After about 4 months I got tired of having to replace the coils, and bought one where I can make my own. What I have now is a Kamry k101 mod, with smoketech rsst atomisers. Bit bulky, but has enough welly to keep me happy.

Juice is a minefield. Some sound great, and taste like ass. I have settled down with 3 - blue crush from UK ecig store, (tastes like blackcurrant throat sweets), cherry, and a lemon/lime mixture I found in a little cornershop on my route home from work. I have a box with some other flavours, like tobacco, vanilla custard, redbull, but I only use those when I'm bored.

It worked for me. Everyone who knows me was astonished that I did it.

Bear in mind though, it works because it doesn't solve all the problems. You are still taking nicotine, and you are still addicted to it. I still have a nicotine habit - and arguably it's worse now because I can do it pretty much anywhere. But it's obvious that it does me and people around me less harm, so it's a no brainer.

Tips;

Get a few different juices to try, have more than one flavour handy, in case you get bored (i.e. tempted to smoke).
Get a bottle of menthol juice, if you find another juice is harsh, try adding a few drops of the menthol. I find it smooths out rough flavours.
Get at least 3 batteries, keep one on the e-cig, one in the charger, and one ready to go.
Same for coils, if you have replaceable ones. Keep a pack around, they only last a couple of weeks and running out will probably mean you buy cigarettes. You can prolong the life of the coil by washing it out with vodka, but even then they don't last forever.

Any questions, please go ahead and ask. Good luck!

xt660isgood2

Cheers for that sdrio. I'm on the cherry flavour at the moment. Had 2 tobacco flavours but left a woody after taste. I've read about the coils not lasting forever but not sure of the 2 I have? called Liquipal+.
As said before didn't go for the mt07 e-cig straight away coz wasn't sure if I would get on with it, so bought the 600 bandit type. If the coils give up the ghost in the near future will be upgrading to
mt07 with acro and nobbs on. Nice touch with the real cig on "non smoking day" will be doing same. Many thanks

xt660isgood2

Almost a month now and can honestly say has changed my life. As said, Smoking for 35 years and enjoyed it too much that I never really wanted to give it up.
And as all smokers will relate to "a beer and not a smoke/or after a meal...unbearable!!) I don't really feel as if I've given up "I know I'm still addicted to nicotine"
But that's the point. You just suck on the thing and 5 mins later feel as if you just had a fag.
And I know it's the old clech'e but your food really does taste better and you don't hack your lungs up in the morning. Added bonus, because in your mind you are still smoking, I haven't changed my eating habits to become a "fat bloke" Give it a go you dirty old tabbers. But as said prev and many people I have spoken to since. You need to find the flavour that you are happy with.
If you try it 1st time and don't like it, it will put you off. You need to like/enjoy it.
I know that any tabbers reading this will be thinking "what a wa@@er" And If I was reading this also 5 weeks ago I would of agreed with you.
When you are up and running its costing around £5 a week. I have a unopened pack of old holborne in my works car, just in case, but I know now I will never use it. Was mega stressed the other day and just vapped and got the same effect from a rolly/cig Please try it. They really do work, but you have to try diffo tastes and brands. Apols for you lucky never smoked types out there. But you should not even be looking at this anyhow. The bottom line is: If you are a old bloke/lady and have smoked for years "as I did" you love it so much and are committed to a death early than should be?
Just give it a go!! please

hahapik

I'm really glad it worked for you! Next step is quitting nicotine. I'm 378 days 12 hours 43 minutes and counting nicotine free :)

Cheers!

xt660isgood2

Funny you should post now....having a bit of a mare at moment. (still not touched backy for 5 weeks +) but e-cigs X 2 have just died. Finding out more and more. Can't get on with the ones with a wick.
Just ordered some wickless. There's such a difference.

sdrio

Funny you should post now....having a bit of a mare at moment. (still not touched backy for 5 weeks +) but e-cigs X 2 have just died. Finding out more and more. Can't get on with the ones with a wick.
Just ordered some wickless. There's such a difference.
Seems to me that the technology isn't quite there yet. There's plenty of choice, but getting something that works consistently in exactly the way YOU want it to work is hit and miss. That is to say, I don't think you're alone in your struggle.

The compromise always seems to be one between a lot of fiddling about, or spending time and money making sure you keep a good stock of spares.

I went from the latter, to the former, then back again . . .

Reddit has a very good e-cig forum. I've found some useful info there.

xt660isgood2

Seems to me that the technology isn't quite there yet. There's plenty of choice, but getting something that works consistently in exactly the way YOU want it to work is hit and miss. That is to say, I don't think you're alone in your struggle.

The compromise always seems to be one between a lot of fiddling about, or spending time and money making sure you keep a good stock of spares.

I went from the latter, to the former, then back again . . .

Reddit has a very good e-cig forum. I've found some useful info there.
Totally agree, and with moto. Alot of faffin with charging batteries and ensuring you have spare parts etc. But well worth it for the lack of coughing in the morning. More pennies in the bank. tasting food.
No more piles of backy in car footwell. Not pi££ing off non smoking m8 in pub sitting there on his Jack while outside smoking. Vaping in works vehicle without getting fired. Starting to sound like one of them "annoying non smokers" so I'll shut up now. I think we know we are still addicted to nico but hey ho..Who really gives a monkeys? I read an article the other day that said nicotine is actually good for you in small quantities.
Would be interested to know what you girls and boys are using and what flavours/mg costs per week etc?

sdrio

BDC's "bottom dual coils" it's the way forward.
Is that in terms of ease of use, or quality of the vape? What kit are you using, as I'm still in the market for the perfect setup.

I've got a high voltage high resistance setup now - 7.2v and 2.5 ohms.

To be honest, I have very little idea what that really means, but it works prety well.