finally the day has arrived

Mushymi5

I had to pay for mine, charged me £130. That included £10 for lubricating the chain, something I had done the night before myself.

Dealers I bought it from are a bit dodgy though. Had a few problems with them.
Anybody noticed, in the Yam manual, it's specifically says you won't pay for labour, just parts for the first service, looks like dealers are charging against what yamaha are telling people.

sdrio

Anybody noticed, in the Yam manual, it's specifically says you won't pay for labour, just parts for the first service, looks like dealers are charging against what yamaha are telling people.
I suspect it's because I negotiated a discount with the salesman when I bought it, but the manager of the place tried to back out of that on the day I went to collect it.

I gave him a bit of a hard time, explained how contract law works, and he backed down. Maybe he's recouping some of the discount, but it's also quite possible that's how they work.

Anyway, I won't be going back there. They dicked about with the Datatagging as well, all in all pretty unsatisfactory.

Will145

I received a questionnaire rating the dealer I used recently. Hopefully you'll get one and you can give them the feedback they deserve!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdrio

I received a questionnaire rating the dealer I used recently. Hopefully you'll get one and you can give them the feedback they deserve!

Hah, yes I got it too. Haven't filled it in yet.

I guess I will send it back. Other than a good price, there's not really anything I'd rate as satisfactory about the dealer.

blueglue

I just ordered the bike and found out the datatag and service was free after. It appears to be a yamaha thing and if you are buying from a dealer this is paid for by the manufacturer.
Datatag is weird as its etched on some of the bigger parts like under the rear light etc and then i assume microdotted on smaller parts.
My first service was about £35 for the parts.
I did notice the bike rides better now after 1200 miles. It was a bit weird after the first service and stalled a few times but doesnt anymore. Maybe ive just got used to the riding style.

Glad you are happy with the bike though. Stay shiney side up! :)

Darren

Got the call yesterday, it has arrived! due the 27th June. Picked it up today, cracking bike......it's worth the 2 month wait.

Attachments

LC mick

Hi Darren . I'm in Bognor and should be picking my up on Wednesday been along wait but at least we're both got the best colour. Enjoy

towner87

Hi Darren, where did you order it from? I ordered the same colour and was given the same date 27th