Gel or other soft material for the (so bad) seat ?

akyros

both seats are crap,im allready looking for saddle guys in my area

has anybody changed the inside material?

D

Deleted member 20

It's on my to-do-list. My plan is to add a gel pad and re-shape and re-cover the seat.
Have been looking at the Ultragel Viscoelastic that comes in many different sizes.
Ultragel

akyros

ill go and ask for a full re-work,there s a cheap saddle-guy in my area
the comfort seat costs 275 euro(no way)

Curly

Anyone Tried the "Comfort" Seat?

Just wondering if anyone has put the Comfort seat on their bike yet and if it feels better than the standard pad?

jordatron

not yet but seriously considering either that or some other cushion type accessory after bruising my tailbone snowboarding, its taking months to heal!

cosmikdebriis

I've found I can average about fifty miles before I start to feel it. After that I'm walking like a duck with haemorrhoids when I get off.

Curly

I've found I can average about fifty miles before I start to feel it. After that I'm walking like a duck with haemorrhoids when I get off.
That doesn't sound good, especially if you start out with the asteroids. An accessory seat or mod of some kind will be in my future for sure.

Curly

cosmikdebriis

Don't take my answer too seriously. But it's not a "touring" saddle. I also have a BMW R1150R which is like sitting on a comfy sofa and much better suited to long distance work. On the other hand, the Beemer is no where near as much fun in town or on the twisties.

If I was considering buying the Yamaha for distance or motorway riding... Then I'd buy something else. And if I had to have a twin for around the five grand mark (UK) then the ER6F would be a better option (IMHO).

Should Yamaha ever produce a faired version MT-07F then perhaps they will comfy up the saddle to suit. Personally I think a faired and trail version will be along soon. Can't believe they made a whole new engine for one bike.

D

Deleted member 20

I am guessing the Yamaha Comfort Design seat is just that, designed to LOOK more comfortable, but isn't. I love the MT for what it is, the nakedness and extremely low weight compared to other small nakeds (10-30 kg less), good looks and low price. Want to make it a comfy tourer just add touring screen, hand guards, grips heat, custom rebuild of the saddle with gel inserts etc. The package will still be half the weight and 1/3 of the price of a regular tourer. And still as fun to drive.

Last edited by a moderator:

sdrio

I have a sheepskin thing, same shape as the seat with elastic pieces that hook over the top corners and the piece that sits against the tank. It's dyed (almost) black, so it's not too cacky looking.

I thought the seat was torturous for the first few weeks, but I'm kind of getting used to it now.

asdxtc

I think the seat is amazing,for the first 50 miles but after that it feels like my sit bones have punched through my flesh unless i stop for a bit.Must sort it out soon cuz i want to do some weekends in wales[amazing roads if you,ve not been there}

cosmikdebriis

Funnily enough... As I've been doing quite a few longish journeys of between 50-100mls (as I'm trying to get the thing run in). My arse seems to be getting more used to the bike and I find it less painful than I did when I first tried it.

As for whether the seat is moulding to my arse or visa versa... I dread to think.

Jon

Don't rush to buy that very expensive Yam comfort seat! When I first started riding my MT I started to feel the discomfort at 40 minutes or so. Now I have 800 miles on the clock and its around an hour. I think it takes getting used to. Like your wrists when you first start riding a sports bike with a less upright riding position, or your thumb when you get a new pair of gloves with scaphoid sliders...

sdrio

I did 220 miles on mine on Saturday.

I put a sheepskin cover on the seat, but even so by the time I was finished I had lost the will to live. It wasn't simply uncomfortable, it was painful.

TJ63

Air Hawk 2.

I used one on my other bike this weekend, 213 miles with only two short breaks. Best part of 5 hours in the saddle, and I can still walk today!

I rode home (to Derbyshire) from Hay on Wye the other weekend in one go. 2.75 hours, and fine afterwards.

L

Lonerider

I would never thought that i would find a seat worst than the one of my WR250X or DR650. How come a slim saddle as a 2'' x 4'' is more comfy than the discomfort saddle (stock one) of the MT/FZ-07. I konw that thin pad is popular for laptops. But :confused:.
Hoping to get used to this.

akyros

i rode a tuono for 1250 km straight one day
a cbr 600 1000km
a vespa 125 px 300km

i travelled 17 countries,no bum or back problems

this is the worst saddle ever,1 hour and ...

i found a saddle guy
he will change the inside material very cheap
i will pick up friday
i ll have the results later this weekend