How is the MT-07 in the wet?

sdrio

I've done maybe 200 miles in the wet, some of it really heavy. No problems to report.

Last week I did get the back wheel to spin when I was being a bit boisterous pulling away, but it wasn't any big drama.

Haven't set off the ABS yet either, or at least not as far as i'm aware - I assume you'd feel it of you did.

pengjn

GIVI will soon release the 2118FZ topbox rack for the MT, pair that with the B37 (or B47 if you want to fit 2 full-face helmets) box and I think you'll have a good looking solution.
The GIVI top box rack looks like it mounts differently to the Yam one, which needs cuts to the plastic cowling if I have understood well. Do you know if it will be relatively straightforward to bolt the rack on and take it off?

D

Deleted member 20

The GIVI top box rack looks like it mounts differently to the Yam one, which needs cuts to the plastic cowling if I have understood well. Do you know if it will be relatively straightforward to bolt the rack on and take it off?
Has anyone ever seen the 2118FZ? I havn't. It's still in engineering, no drawings published. If so, It's a first for GIVI to require Yam rack before fitting a GIVI rack. I doubt it!
Someone in this forum have fitted a GIVI PLATE on top of a Yam rack, that's another story.

Even better were if SW Motech releases an MT-07 Alu-Rack, they are typically better looking than GIVI racks, but the SW-Motech rack for MT-09 lock like crap. No MT-07 info from SW Motech to date.

Worst case, I'll just weld up my own rack. No big deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

pengjn

Has anyone ever seen the 2118FZ? I havn't. It's still in engineering, no drawings published. If so, It's a first for GIVI to require Yam rack before fitting a GIVI rack. I doubt it!
Someone in this forum have fitted a GIVI PLATE on top of a Yam rack, that's another story.

Even better were if SW Motech releases an MT-07 Alu-Rack, they are typically better looking than GIVI racks, but the SW-Motech rack for MT-09 lock like crap. No MT-07 info from SW Motech to date.

Worst case, I'll just weld up my own rack. No big deal.
Isn't this it? It's a rack that allows you to fit a top box? GIVI 2118FZ Monorack Arms -
Or have i confused myself/everyone? :)

dazzor

GIVI 21158Z Monorack Arms is the part number for the 07, isn't it?

The 2118FZ is for the MT09, is it not?

I've got a V46 box and can use my old M5 plate, so I guess I'll have to dust off my old Kriega R35 rucksack until Givi get their act together :(

D

Deleted member 20

2115FZ is MT-09 and 2118FZ is MT-07. Both monorack arms.

D

Deleted member 20

Motorcycle Planet got their pics and part no in descriptions mixed up. There is no pics on the MT07 arms, since they are on drawing board. Text is typo. Trust me!

D

Deleted member 20

Yes, but I guess the MT09 fitting should give us a clue as to how it's going to fit to the 07
Motorcycle Planet's web for GIVI products is excellent, witlh lots of useful info. Think they've changed one typo over night, from 21158Z to 2118FZ (originally deleted F instead of 5 when throwing in the 8). Are they reading this forum :)
One cut-n-paste-then-deplace error still there, description say MT-09 on the MT-07 sku. The MT-09 pic oh MT-07 sku is for guidance, which is better than no pic at all, and I think it's the way to do it. Well done Motorcycle Planet!

D

Deleted member 20

Whats the difference between pr3 and pr4 tires.
About 3-4 years in cutting edge sport touring tire research and developement.
PR3 was a winner 2011, Metzeler Z8 in 2012, Pirelli Angel GT in 2013, PR4 in 2014.

dazzor

About 3-4 years in cutting edge sport touring tire research and developement....
Is this marketing blurb taken from somewhere or something else?

Just interested; I'm a big fan of the PR3's. I've run with them a few times now.

Thanks

Darren

D

Deleted member 20

Is this marketing blurb taken from somewhere or something else? Just interested; I'm a big fan of the PR3's. I've run with them a few times now...
Just my conclusion after reading all serious tire tests I can find from Motorrad, MCN, and other European moto mags. There is no doubt in my mind that all leading tire brand are improving the performance of their Sport Touring tires with every new generation released. PR3 is still an excellent wet tire, but it's not the most fun on dry roads. Angel GT excels in both diciplines. Think the PR4 will too, I think it will be on par with Angel GT in dry and beat PR3 and Angel GT in wet. They are all good, some are just even a little bit better.

MCN 2012
View attachment 332

PS 2013
View attachment 333

Motorrad 2011
View attachment 334

Motorrad 2012
View attachment 335

Motorrad 2013
View attachment 336

Last edited by a moderator: