Let's talk Belly Pans

Igor

Just fitted the powerbronz matt black belly pan on the bike and had a similar issue to others where the belly pan was touching or nearly touching the coolant plastic cover. Easily solved by putting two washers on the fixing bolt of the belly pan between the pan and the bracket.

Had the same problem on the other side with the downpipes, I've got an Ixil exhaust fitted and it was almost touching inside the pan where the downpipes kink. Started the bike and with heat expansion they touched the inside of the belly pan which would have melted through. so I bent the bracket a bit and added two washers on the fixing bolt between pan and bracket and I've now got good enough clearance I reckon not to burn a hole in it!

kosia

i modified my belly pan you can check how it was before at page 4
that's now
IMG_20150526_202726.jpgIMG_20150526_202741.jpgIMG_20150526_202752.jpg
what do you think?

Tony G

Not a belly pan but..

I went for the Yamaha one, apparently they had to remove some of my exhaust to fit the mounts but I think it looks ok. I have the Ermax screen which is really easy to fit and looks great.
...I like the small screen - what is it? the Ermax?

MT-0Devon

Guys, which bellies fit with an SC Project set up. Had stone damage last weekend & now belly pan shopping.

Cheers

craigieboy

ive got the Yamaha in silver. Looks great. Not worth £215 though. Probably cost less than a fiver to make for yamaha
Also got the Yamaha belly pan, yeah its a rip off, you're not wrong there, but i couldn't help myself.

Dont have a decent picture of it. Could get one if anyone wants one.

Welsh Wizard

Hi Guys,

For what it is worth I have fitted a Puig belly pan (Part No. 7022C) and a pair of Puig radiator side covers (Part No. 7561C) and can report that I am very satisfied with both items.

Note that I recently fitted a Puig touring screen as well, which I am also very satisfied with as I no longer have any wind buffeting my chest and helmet.

Also, when fitting all 3 Puig items to my MT-07 I found all the drilling of the holes to be accurate, and the Puig brackets were well made and very easy to install.

Here's a recent photograph of my MT-07 to show you what it looks like with these 3 items fitted.

Attachments

Eddieh93

Welsh Wizard, looks like you have done quite a few mods and the bike looks good! Be interested to see a mods thread to have a in depth look at all your mods.

Welsh Wizard

Hi Eddieh93,

Thanks for your comment about the bike.

OK, will see what I can knock together for you and the rest of the guys on the Forum.

What specific mods are you particularly interested in. Let me know.

BTW, just yesterday I fitted a Garmin Zumo 590LM GPS that I bought recently. This is a very good GPS, very intuitive, and I am very pleased that I bought it.

Find below a couple of photographs showing where I mounted the GPS. Note that to get the GPS lined up above the MT-07 instrument cluster I had to buy a longer RAM mount arm, but that was no big deal.

I connected the GPS power leads to the ignition switch so that the GPS is only powered on when the ignition switch is on, as opposed to just connecting the GPS power leads to the bike's battery.

P1080427.jpgP1080426.jpgP1080425.jpg

One other point for any of the Forum members that also have a Garmin Zumo 590LM GPS, note that I have attached a SAT Nav Visor that I obtained on eBay for just 7.95 Pounds.

The visor also fits on Garmin Zumo 660LM 350 340 390 LM GPS models, and it is brilliant in keeping bright sunlight off the screen.

The company that make the visor is British and for those that are interested here is their address in the UK:-

Digital Accessories Ltd,
Two Gates,
Moor Lane,
Elton
Matlock
Derbyshire
DE4 2DA

Their email address is: [email protected]

Regards to all,

Alan ( aka Welsh Wizard )

Welsh Wizard

Hi Craigieboy,

Sorry, already taken...........................

Thanks for your comment on the MT.

Regards,

Alan ( aka Welsh Wizard )

addy

Hi Eddieh93,

Thanks for your comment about the bike.

OK, will see what I can knock together for you and the rest of the guys on the Forum.

What specific mods are you particularly interested in. Let me know.

BTW, just yesterday I fitted a Garmin Zumo 590LM GPS that I bought recently. This is a very good GPS, very intuitive, and I am very pleased that I bought it.

Find below a couple of photographs showing where I mounted the GPS. Note that to get the GPS lined up above the MT-07 instrument cluster I had to buy a longer RAM mount arm, but that was no big deal.

I connected the GPS power leads to the ignition switch so that the GPS is only powered on when the ignition switch is on, as opposed to just connecting the GPS power leads to the bike's battery.
Did you use the standard or long ram mount?

RAM DOUBLE SOCKET ARM FOR: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

RAM DOUBLE SOCKET ARM LONG: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors