MT-07 Exhaust Sound & Essential Mods

soszek81

One post ealier you have long post with my description of LeoVince Underbody Evo II. And you have link to youtube with its sound.
But once again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tnWvzS2_xU&feature=youtu.be

I will try to record sound with DBkiller installed (i dont know even how it sounds yet). Today its raining but i will do it ASAP.

About fitting it - its very simple, if you know basics u can do it yourself. No modifications on bike or exhaust are required (not like Arrow mounted shortie style).
Just plug and play.
Mine was fitted in Yamaha (they were rebuilding my bike anyway so it wasnt any problem).

The only thing what i can type for those who are unsure (or think not to waste money on exhaust) - its not wasted money. Its MUST HAVE. On stock exhaust this bike sounds shitty. Dont eat, save lunch money, take part time job, short loan. ANYTHING to replace stock exhaust - u wont regret single penny spent on it! If anybody plan other mods - make this first.
Yesterday (when i was at Yamaha to take bike) i heared Thriumph SpeedTriple with aftermarked exhaust (dont know what brand but without BDkiller also) and quess - LeoVince on MT-07 was louder and sounded better (without DBkkiller ofcourse). Day ealier i heared MT-09 with Yoshimura (no DBkiller onboard) and LeoVince on MT-07 is as good as Yoshimura on MT-09.

Last edited:

hahapik

Thanks a lot for you feedback, my bad I didn't see your first post. Sorry about that mate ^^

Sunshine here in 3city by the way :D

Cheers, I'm gonna go look for a part time job.

PeaceMaker

I will try to record sound with DBkiller installed (i dont know even how it sounds yet). Today its raining but i will do it ASAP.

About fitting it - its very simple, if you know basics u can do it yourself. No modifications on bike or exhaust are required (not like Arrow mounted shortie style).
Just plug and play.
Mine was fitted in Yamaha (they were rebuilding my bike anyway so it wasnt any problem).
Arrow shortie exhaust doesn't requires any modifications.

It's not supposed to be mounted like that.. but it just works.

soszek81

Don't take my post too serious. I just wanted to point what big is difference with and without aftermarket exhaust.
Stock - is like accelerating Prius.
LeoVince without DBkiller - V8 musclecar on Daytona
And now also LeoVince with BDkiller on board

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxk56Wt-QOQ&feature=youtu.be

How it looks (sounds) in real - its not so loud (but still much louder than stock) its more civilized, but its still bad boy (if you know what I mean).
After 2 hour ride Im not so tired (my poor ears after provious ride), sound is very deep during acceleration and its nice when you are going down the revs.
In one word - its not a savage. Well, at least that savage took few lessons how to behave (hehe).
And again - sound is better when you ride, than when you are standing.

How about mounting DBkiller? First time it took me about 2 minutes. Including opening and closeing back seat to take BDkiller and allen key.
No force needed, Only one possible position, no force during mounting (excluding tightening bolt).
To deinstall BDkiller also it wouldn't take much time at all. Very easy do to (but dont do this on hot muffler).
If any more questions, just ask.
s

Up to PeaceMaker
I meant what you typed - solution is not predicted by manufacturer - but its better then one he desighned (in Arrow system)
In LeoVince - you are mounting it in only possible/designed/best/natural position for this bike. All bolts are same place.
No place for wondering - is it ok? Will it work properly?
That what i ment.

da1kini

Don't take my post too serious. I just wanted to point what big is difference with and without aftermarket exhaust.
Stock - is like accelerating Prius.
LeoVince without DBkiller - V8 musclecar on Daytona
And now also LeoVince with BDkiller on board

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxk56Wt-QOQ&feature=youtu.be

How it looks (sounds) in real - its not so loud (but still much louder than stock) its more civilized, but its still bad boy (if you know what I mean).
After 2 hour ride Im not so tired (my poor ears after provious ride), sound is very deep during acceleration and its nice when you are going down the revs.
In one word - its not a savage. Well, at least that savage took few lessons how to behave (hehe).
And again - sound is better when you ride, than when you are standing.

How about mounting DBkiller? First time it took me about 2 minutes. Including opening and closeing back seat to take BDkiller and allen key.
No force needed, Only one possible position, no force during mounting (excluding tightening bolt).
To deinstall BDkiller also it wouldn't take much time at all. Very easy do to (but dont do this on hot muffler).
If any more questions, just ask.
s

Up to PeaceMaker
I meant what you typed - solution is not predicted by manufacturer - but its better then one he desighned (in Arrow system)
In LeoVince - you are mounting it in only possible/designed/best/natural position for this bike. All bolts are same place.
No place for wondering - is it ok? Will it work properly?
That what i ment.
Do they come with Catalalysator?

soszek81

Previous page, my first post.
Again - i don't think that LeoVince has a Catalysator - in papers there are no mention about it. My mechanic doubt about it also. Unless catalysator is build inside muffler.
If u want to have one - only known and 100% sure solution for now is Akra titanium (u must buy catalysator separately).
As far as I'm concerned.

dazzor

I spoke to LeoVince direct on the phone today.

The chap said they are E-stamped so road legal but do not come with a cat, nor is it an option.

The chap also suggested that certain bikes don't require the cat to pass UK regulations....apparently some bikes run in such a way the emissions are low enough to mean a cat is not necessary....this being the case with the MT07; according to the chap I spoke to at LeoVince's HQ in the UK.

Edit; LeoVince are talking about their system only in relation to the non-necessity of a catalytic converter to meet UK regulations (and some other EU countries)

This pipe will for instance have to be a race only pipe in Germany for example as their regulations on emissions are stricter....so I'm told.

Edit; whether this means systems like the titanium Akrapovic are actually legal without the catalytic converter is uncertain....perhaps a call to them would be useful? My next call will be to my dealer regarding the bikes warranty remaining intact with the LeoVince fitted.

Edit: price direct from LeoVince I was quoted is £532 inc VAT.

Hope this helps

Darren

Last edited:

Darren

The chap said they are E-stamped so road legal but do not come with a cat, nor is it an option.

The chap also suggested that certain bikes don't require the cat to pass UK regulations....apparently some bikes run in such a way the emissions are low enough to mean a cat is not necessary....this being the case with the MT07; according to the chap I spoke to at LeoVince's HQ in the UK.

Edit; LeoVince are talking about their system only in relation to the non-necessity of a catalytic converter to meet UK regulations (and some other EU countries)

This pipe will for instance have to be a race only pipe in Germany for example as their regulations on emissions are stricter....so I'm told.

Edit; whether this means systems like the titanium Akrapovic are actually legal without the catalytic converter is uncertain....perhaps a call to them would be useful? My next call will be to my dealer regarding the bikes warranty remaining intact with the LeoVince fitted.

Hope this helps

Darren
Hi, I also contacted Leovince and got this response back today..........very tempted with this system

Hi Darren,

LeoVince Yamaha MT07 systems should be available towards the end of this month, we'll be updating website with info over next couple of days.

System will be the SBK 'Underbody' system, angular design silencer with carbon fibre end cap, which fits neatly under the frame, complete with stainless header pipes, mounting kit and removable db baffle.
Price £532.50 inc vat, free delivery UK.

Optional catalyst which can be inserted into system £67.00. You don't require this for UK use but if you plan to travel abroad on bike, especially France and Germany you will need to fit it.

If you wish to pre-order just phone or drop us a line and we'll add your name to our list.

dazzor

Hi, I also contacted Leovince and got this response back today..........very tempted with this system

Hi Darren,

LeoVince Yamaha MT07 systems should be available towards the end of this month, we'll be updating website with info over next couple of days.

System will be the SBK 'Underbody' system, angular design silencer with carbon fibre end cap, which fits neatly under the frame, complete with stainless header pipes, mounting kit and removable db baffle.

Optional catalyst which can be inserted into system £67.00. You don't require this for UK use but if you plan to travel abroad on bike, especially France and Germany you will need to fit it.

If you wish to pre-order just phone or drop us a line and we'll add your name to our list.
Great info, thanks.

Bob at LV told me there wasn't a cat option...he was a bit uninformed by his own admission though.

If this system comes UK road legal with the stamp, my insurance are happy and so are Yamaha regarding warranty.....I think I'll get this. The look has grown on me and it looks like it sound very good and has a decent baffle set-up too.

soszek81

Tell me if I am wrong, but I was told that if my car/bike/whatsoever fills law regulations required in my own country (and is in this country registered) any other EU country cant forbid or punish me for useing it abroad.

I cant register it in such country (ie. Germany) but i can travel through it.

If you want I will search which Convention it is about.

On other hand its nice to know that cat option is available for LeoVince. If I plan in future European trip on MT-07 and for safe sleep - maybe I will buy one?

da1kini

Hope this helps

Darren
Helps a lot! thanks.

da1kini

Hi Darren,

Thanks for info!! :)

Phil_B

Hi Darren,

Dazzor,

Thanks for posting this info. Do you have a particular person you are emailing? I am very tempted to see if they'll so a group buy price on these if we can get 5 or 10 of us together.

They seem like they're quite good people to deal with!

Cheers,

Phil

The Fleet

Hope this helps

Darren
Thanks for this mate,

dazzor

Dazzor,

Thanks for posting this info. Do you have a particular person you are emailing? I am very tempted to see if they'll so a group buy price on these if we can get 5 or 10 of us together.

Cheers,

Phil
Hi Phil,

I'm on the move today, I'll post back soon with more info.....count me in on the group buy thing. :)

Speak soon
Darren

dazzor

Dazzor,

Cheers,

Phil
Looking at this again I think you've quoted Darren and addressed this to me, also a "Darren" but using "Dazzor" ha ha :)

Anyway, I personally have only called LeoVince UK on the phone, I spoke to a very nice chap by the name of Bob. Contact details are here

Let me know how you get on....I am well up for getting a discount and being part of group buy if possible.

Thanks

Darren