MT-07 Exhaust Sound & Essential Mods

P

Peter

Yamaha orig. tail tidy. Makes a whole lot of difference. :)

And the LED light (included) for the plate is great.
I will order this tidy with Akra and sport screen soon. Do you had to cut any plastic?

da1kini

I will order this tidy with Akra and sport screen soon. Do you had to cut any plastic?
No, its a original part. BUT you have to redo the cable connection for the led light for the plate it has a different connection than the original. And also the plastic little things that hold the plastic underneath the back fender. After you change and remove the original it gets to long for the hole to click back into. But you can order a new shorter one from Yamaha for €2 each :) and if you don't want to its no big deal cause it doesn't matter it just feels bad to have something that doesn't quite fit :)

Heres an illustration!

tailtidy_jpeg.jpg

Last edited:

loneranger

Akra Exhaust MT07

Well its fitted. No DB Killer. Tried it with it in and not very impressive. With baffler removed serious deep throbbing sound!! The video does not do it justice as sound is not great from phone mic. Trust me the AKRA is serious

[video=youtube;bPSJqb0On04]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPSJqb0On04&feature=youtu.be[/video]

dazzor

Awesome!

When you say it's not that impressive with the db killer in, can you give an indication out of 10.

So if the stock exhaust is a 1 or 2 out of 10 and the Akrapovic without the db is a 10; what's the Akrapovic with the db in?

I ask because it sounds like it might be too loud for me / neighbours after the initial novelty has worn off.

Anyhow, congrats mate, it looks and sounds fantastic!

loneranger

with db killer 6. without 10 very very loud. The baffler is very difficult to remove and refit though. so better decide if you want it in or out from offset

dazzor

with db killer 6. without 10 very very loud. The baffler is very difficult to remove and refit though. so better decide if you want it in or out from offset
Do you use the bike much? Like to commute? Or is it a weekend toy?

Just seeing if you're happy to live with the sans db noise on a regular basis.

Thanks

D

Simon

Cannot wait to release all that wonderful sound when I finally collect my 07. It will be just like the TRX850 I used to have 10 years ago. It sounded fantastic on the overrun through open pipes.

towner87

My Yam dealer has said he would supply and fit a Akrapovic for £750...

Can anyone tell me their prices ect, thanks

dazzor

no cat fitted didn't make much difference
So you've tried it with and without the cat fitted too?

Are you saying that the noise is very similar with the cat fitted?

Also, have you noticed much of a lift in performance?

Sorry to ask so many questions......I'm seriously wanting to loose the stock system as soon a possible......pick my matt grey up tomorrow morning :)

Last edited:

dazzor

My Yam dealer has said he would supply and fit a Akrapovic for £750...

Can anyone tell me their prices ect, thanks
My dealers quoting £720 before fitting....not sure how long fitting takes....surely less than an hour for a well trained technician with the right tools?

loneranger

Takes no more than 60 minutes to fit. The cat is recommended to validate warranty. But didn't really make too much difference. Tonight the bike is really loud. I might slip on the muffler over weekend to compare. If I were you have the cat fitted if yiur not comfortable with warranty issues. My dealer fitted for free as part of the 780 quid package.

loneranger

towner. 750 fitted is a good price! check if it includes a cat which is 70 quid extra. Watch the allen screw the dealer removes if you want the baffler removed it is welded on a small area and will damage the pipe if not removed carefully.

dazzor

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

If the cat being installed makes little difference, I can't see much point in leaving it out?

Anyway thanks again and enjoy your new sound track :)

towner87

towner. 750 fitted is a good price! check if it includes a cat which is 70 quid extra. Watch the allen screw the dealer removes if you want the baffler removed it is welded on a small area and will damage the pipe if not removed carefully.
Thanks for the information Loneranger. I have just sent a email asking that exact question. I doubt I will hear a reply for a few days but I think I will end up going with it.

Keep up the videos of your Akra exhaust, It sounds amazing.