MT-07 Exhaust Sound & Essential Mods

rappetor

Lol, nightmare indeed. But I have made up my mind. Its gonna be the sc project. I love the sound, but also the kind of subtle look. That's why I really wanted it.to fit with the bellypan on, think that would look awesome (and subtle). And it's very nice of them they checked for the bellypan and also updated the website about it. :)

Hopefully I'll get it in 2 or 3 weeks..

towner87

Great find; just wish I was more impressed by the sound.....I'm wondering if that was baffle-in?

Also not as enamoured by the look of it now. Somehow it looks a bit plain compared to the website imagery.

I'm a nightmare at being decisive about stuff like this :(
I believe it was with the baffle in, I like this exhaust but I am waiting for a picture of it with the Yamaha belly panel as that's what I have got. I think it will look good but we will just have to wait and see. :)

rappetor

I believe it was with the baffle in, I like this exhaust but I am waiting for a picture of it with the Yamaha belly panel as that's what I have got. I think it will look good but we will just have to wait and see. :)
SC-Project was nice enough to add an image with the exhaust and the bellypan together: http://www.sc-project.com/prodotti/yamaha/mt_07/yamaha_mt07_exhaust_bellypan_scproject_silencieux_sabot_moteur_mt07_scproject_auspuff.jpg
Looking even better :p

edit: oh, and this one: http://www.sc-project.com/prodotti/yamaha/mt_07/yamaha_mt07_exhaust_bellypan_scproject_silencieux_sabot_moteur_mt07_scproject.jpg

Last edited:

cosmikdebriis

Do ANY of these manufacturers produce dyno figures to compare their systems to the original?

The article someone published on here somewhere about the length of the system being critical has me worried about any of the after market systems that do not have the "Z" bend in the downpipes. Apparently you MAY gain high end power but at the expense of low end which could completely destroy the characteristics of the bike.

I'd like to see some (reliable) figures.

hahapik

Do ANY of these manufacturers produce dyno figures to compare their systems to the original?

The article someone published on here somewhere about the length of the system being critical has me worried about any of the after market systems that do not have the "Z" bend in the downpipes. Apparently you MAY gain high end power but at the expense of low end which could completely destroy the characteristics of the bike.

I'd like to see some (reliable) figures.
Scorpion:

hahapik

Last news from MIVV:

GP:

gp.jpg

Oval:

Oval.jpg

Speed Edge, Standard level:

Sport Edge Standard level.jpg

Speed Edge, High level:

Sport Edge High level.jpg

I suppose you'ld like a link to all this beauty?

There you go:

MIVV MT-07. Lots of vids and instructions, it's a pretty good work from their side. Didn't want to post the links to the videos, since the pictures are taking a lot of place.

Last edited:

dazzor

I like Mivv generally but all the offerings for the 07 look a bit "clunky" for my liking :(

Do we have a video for these yet?

Cheers

D

Hidiman

I like the speed edge black standard position but there is no video on their web site especially without db killer?