MT-07 Exhaust Sound & Essential Mods

DeadHead

Ordered my SC project pipe today, no idea when it's going to be arrive, being I haven't picked up or even ridden the MT I have plenty of time :D

SC project have designed the pipe to allow for fitment of the Yamaha bell pan. I won't be paying £270 for a couple of bits of plastic/brackets.

dazzor

Ordered my SC project pipe today, no idea when it's going to be arrive, being I haven't picked up or even ridden the MT I have plenty of time :D

SC project have designed the pipe to allow for fitment of the Yamaha bell pan. I won't be paying £270 for a couple of bits of plastic/brackets.
I'm super close to ordering this one.

The street triple forum members have waxing lyrical about sc-project for quite some time now.

dazzor

Go on order it you know you want to ;)
Mine is being dispatched from Italy today:cool:
Oh I so do, ha ha.

So what's the expected turnaround on delivery?

Also, what's the final cost in £ inc delivery?

Thanks Simon, appreciate the info

Darren

vazza72

Oh I so do, ha ha.

So what's the expected turnaround on delivery?

Also, what's the final cost in £ inc delivery?

Thanks Simon, appreciate the info

Darren
No problem. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago today & it's supposed to be despatched today?!
And so hopefully be here by the end of the week. So just under 3 wks total, reason it takes that long
Is because they are made to order! Cost was €635 (inc del) which at current exchange rate is about £520

dazzor

No problem. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago today & it's supposed to be despatched today?!
And so hopefully be here by the end of the week. So just under 3 wks total, reason it takes that long
Is because they are made to order! Cost was €635 (inc del) which at current exchange rate is about £520
Thanks mate, very helpful.

Who's fitting it? You, dealer or third party?

Cheers

D

cosmikdebriis

Well, as Dead Head lives close to me then, as soon as he gets his fitted we could probably get together and do a comparison between the SC and the Arrow, Maybe sort a Youtube video?

It's an easy job (or at least it was with the Arrow) but if you don't want to do it yourself or also don't want to pay someone else, I'll help. Only takes half hour or so. Could even do a "how to fit" thingy if he's up for it?

By the way. I'm not really in to better or worse, unless there's a significant difference or obvious problem. Just in to getting the info out there for others to see and make their own judgement.

dazzor

Spot on Cosmic; very kind offer there sir

I'm primarily opting for the SC due to aesthetics alone; I'm sure it will sound good enough.

I'm also seeing lots of positive comments on a street triple forum about build quality too.

I liked the arrow a lot, from the videos it does look and sound pretty awesome.

Last edited:

vazza72

So can this be done with the bike at ground level? No bike lift required as such?
Well I guess you could it with the bike on ground level. But I've got an Abba stand which lifts both wheels (if required) of the ground! So will make life a lt easier

dazzor

Well I guess you could it with the bike on ground level. But I've got an Abba stand which lifts both wheels (if required) of the ground! So will make life a lt easier
Yep, got an Abba myself, haven't ordered the relevant adaptors yet but could have them with me well before the sc arrived.

No, I was alluding to the fact it's still a lay on the floor affair....but if it's easy enough then great. I've got a basic socket set.

Is a torque wrench required? Sorry, last question I promise:)

cosmikdebriis

Check out my how to remove the original and how to fit the Arrow threads. I should imagine the SC will be similar, possibly even easier.

In any event I didn't need any special tools and in order to take the pictures in decent light I changed it outside with the bike on the floor, on the side stand. Didn't cause any problems.

The Arrow comes with some "coppaslip" which you should really use on the mounting threads for the header pipes. Obviously I don't know if the SC does but if not, buy some as you really shouldn't use grease.

Personally I didn't bother or need to change the two gaskets at the header joint to the head but others will advise you do. Mine don't leak so I'm over it. I should imagine they're cheap enough but your dealer might ask why yo need them. I mention this in case there are any unwanted warranty issues if, like me, you're not mentioning changing the exhaust.

Another thing to mention to DeadHead. I didn't change my pipes till after first service. Just felt it safer to get that out of the way in case there were any teething problems that needed sorting.

DeadHead

First service is when I plan on changing it, with any luck the arrival of the pipe should meet around the same time as the first service.
As for fitting the dealer said he would do it for me f.o.c. as part of the deal but if it helps other forum members and cosmikdebris and up for it
then I don't mind.

Simon

Really liking the SC project and MIIV speed edge exhausts but I'm guessing as they are shipped direct from Italy there may be import duties from HMRC. 20% VAT bill? Anyone experienced this?

dazzor

Really liking the SC project and MIIV speed edge exhausts but I'm guessing as they are shipped direct from Italy there may be import duties from HMRC. 20% VAT bill? Anyone experienced this?
I was hoping the prices being quoted by such concerns includes all relevant duties.

rappetor

Haven't received mine yet, so haven't fitted it yet. Hopefully I receive it this week (tomorrow it's 3 weeks since I've ordered it, but not directly from SC Project). Anything you want to know in particular?
French forums has some nice pictures of the exhaust on some bikes. Google Translate is handy if your French is as good as mine :)

Btw, here in the Netherland we don't have to pay import duties or VAT because Italy is in the EU. Not the same for the UK? When I order something from the UK it's the same (no import duties or VAT).

dazzor

Additional tax or not, the SC system still feels like a bargain compared to silly price of the Akropovic system.