MT-07 Exhaust Sound & Essential Mods

jmkk

For some of you who would like to hear the Akrapovic (No DB killer) with the DNA Airfilter

(WARNING: Best with headphones or soundsystem!)

[video=youtube_share;pOpdXyROtHs]http://youtu.be/pOpdXyROtHs[/video]

Last edited:

jmkk

And another one

[video=youtube;YtwFEKFecm0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtwFEKFecm0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

dazzor

As Darth Vader once said..."Most impressive"

Edit, ignore me, you've posted up what I asked for, nice one[emoji3]

Great bike and set up by the way.

Edit again; nice video mate, Yamaha should be commissioning you to do their promo marketing.

Last edited:

dazzor

I actually did hook up that video to pair of little active 2-way speaks I have at work. Your bike sounded bloody marvellous on the move, I suspect it's even better in the flesh.

Still lusting after the SC-Project system; think an order will occur in the week or two :)

vazza72

I actually did hook up that video to pair of little active 2-way speaks I have at work. Your bike sounded bloody marvellous on the move, I suspect it's even better in the flesh.

Still lusting after the SC-Project system; think an order will occur in the week or two :)
Mine is on the way Dazzor have tracking number and everything now. Hope to fit this weekend :)

dazzor

Fantastic Simon!

Is the DNA filter a direct fit or is there some fannying about involved?

Also, how much should I expect to pay?

Cheers

D

vazza72

Fantastic Simon!

Is the DNA filter a direct fit or is there some fannying about involved?

Also, how much should I expect to pay?

Cheers

D
Darren it's about £45 and drops straight in place of the stock one (absolute doddle) takes about 30mins to do, due to removing all the screws and panels. Also I never removed tank - just removed screws holding it to the frame and lifted tank up slightly. Use either a piece of wood or 2ft spirit level (which I used) does the job fine :cool:

dazzor

Darren it's about £45 and drops straight in place of the stock one (absolute doddle) takes about 30mins to do, due to removing all the screws and panels. Also I never removed tank - just removed screws holding it to the frame and lifted tank up slightly. Use either a piece of wood or 2ft spirit level (which I used) does the job fine :cool:
Nice one Simon, cheers buddy.

I'm happy to give it go but my dealer is ok with fitting the SC if they order it. I'm tempted to coincide the first service with the SC and DNA fitting.

Torque

I'm also interested in the SC Project system. Could I ask have any of you guys ordered the additional power unit from SC that they advertise or do you think there is no need for it?

Thanks

dazzor

I'm also interested in the SC Project system. Could I ask have any of you guys ordered the additional power unit from SC that they advertise or do you think there is no need for it?

Thanks
Looked at this and decided to see how it goes without it....there's every chance the ECU/sensor will cope with the adjusted flow just fine.

Beside, you can also fit the unit retrospectively.

rappetor

Yay! My SC Project has arrived at the Dutch importer, they will send it to me tomorrow. So thursday I shall have the exhaust. Time to remove the original one tomorrow, so I can fit it even faster once it arrives :D

I did not order the extra unit. Mainly because I also hope the ECU will adjust things when needed. And also because I'll be driving with the baffle/db-eater in, so I guess/hope it won't run as lean then. But I'm planning to get it on a dyno or something, and check if it's ok.

Also thinking about a DNA filter, but that would make the bike run even more lean right? Choices.. choices.. :)

DeadHead

Can't wait for the bike to be run in and the SC project pipe to go on, it sounds like my petrol lawn mower at the moment ;)

b00f

Hi, I am new here, please don't bite :p

I have read every post in this thread..
Nothing mentions to Sp Tadao Power Box

mt7-pb-01.jpg

mt7-pb-01_3.jpg

mt7-pb-01_5.jpg

Thoughts?
Looks sweet..different.. just no real reviews of it online for this bike.

Last edited:

hahapik

Hi, I am new here, please don't bite :p

I have read every post in this thread..
Nothing mentions to Sp Tadao Power Box

Thoughts?
Looks sweet..different.. just no real reviews of it online for this bike.
This is one of the best looking ones, I have ever seen. Strange that nobody talked about it before :) it must be some kind of new ^^