MT-07 Exhaust Sound & Essential Mods

b00f

This is one of the best looking ones, I have ever seen. Strange that nobody talked about it before :) it must be some kind of new ^^
It has been on webike.com for a fair bit.
Looks awesome. I wonder if the belly pan would fit with it.

cosmikdebriis

Another exhaust system with straight down pipes. (I know I keep harping on about this). I just wish someone would do a dyno on one of these systems to see if it adversely affects power spread as the theory suggests it should.

Can't imagine Yamaha put the Z shape in just for fun though. Would have been much cheaper to produce without it.

Ralph

This place is about 3 miles from me, it's more or less a one man operation he is ex aerospace and knows
what he is about, often turns up at local bike meets and rides among other things a Norton Rotary more or
less a race bike on the road, not going to replace mine unless I have to for some reason but will give him a
go if I do.
We have a lot of 125's round here that sound like Manx Nortons I wonder if they are fitted with these, must
try to find out.

Asbo Exhausts

Last edited:

vazza72

Mine is on the way Dazzor have tracking number and everything now. Hope to fit this weekend :)
After a slight delay my SC exhaust has finally landed in UK. Hoping to receive this weekend - but more likely Monday :-(
Can't wait though :)

b00f

Another exhaust system with straight down pipes. (I know I keep harping on about this). I just wish someone would do a dyno on one of these systems to see if it adversely affects power spread as the theory suggests it should.

Can't imagine Yamaha put the Z shape in just for fun though. Would have been much cheaper to produce without it.
I would really like to see some dyno read outs too. I also noticed that the runners are the longest from all previously posted. They go past the foot brake.
Agreed that the Z shape is more the likely there for a reason, and a good one at that.
Removing them in theory (from what I have researched from cars) should cause a negative effect on total power. But maybe with the box it would cause other wizardry to occur and change the characteristics in a way that MAY be better, doubtful, physics rarely lies.
Then there is the issue with adding Filter and stage 2 box with PC, I mean, what might happen there could change these theories around with different timing and fuel delivery.
Personally myself, Im not after HUGE power, I want a punchy torque delivery with a sweet note and a bit of a burble/backfire on engine brake.

I just like it cos its different, the price though pushes me back toward Akra or SC.

Slossy

Just fitted the Mivv GP, now it sounds like a real bike, what a rumble. It came in the post this morning and I fitted it on my lunch break. It fit like a glove too, no modifications needed. I took it for a fifteen minute test ride and was grinning from ear to ear, what a rumble.2014-10-27 14.53.54.jpg2014-10-27 14.53.59.jpg

Attachments

vazza72

After a slight delay my SC exhaust has finally landed in UK. Hoping to receive this weekend - but more likely Monday :-(
Can't wait though :)
Have just fitted my SC exhaust during my lunch break (literally only took 25mins and no mods) after removing stock exhaust on Saturday. Anyway not had chance to take bike out yet but started her up and OMG what a delicious sound & that was with db killer in too. Looking forward to taking it now and trying without db killer.
Will keep you posted :) :)

dazzor

Have just fitted my SC exhaust during my lunch break (literally only took 25mins and no mods) after removing stock exhaust on Saturday. Anyway not had chance to take bike out yet but started her up and OMG what a delicious sound & that was with db killer in too. Looking forward to taking it now and trying without db killer.
Will keep you posted :) :)
Are you pleased with the overall quality of the system too Simon?

Photos/video please.

I'm looking to place an order next week...this will keep me going in the meantime :)

Enjoy the new sound track

D

vazza72

Are you pleased with the overall quality of the system too Simon?

Photos/video please.

I'm looking to place an order next week...this will keep me going in the meantime :)

Enjoy the new sound track

D
Dazzor it's lovely quality S/Steel and looks fab. And super easy to fit (as long as you've got a decent socket set) the silencer only uses one bolt to attach to frame. Unlike the stock one which uses four!!! Will try and upload some pics tomoz :)

vazza72

Dazzor it's lovely quality S/Steel and looks fab. And super easy to fit (as long as you've got a decent socket set) the silencer only uses one bolt to attach to frame. Unlike the stock one which uses four!!! Will try and upload some pics tomoz :)
Loving my new SC, took the baffle out and started it up in the garage. Only for my better half to say "what the hell is that the whole house is shaking" LOVE IT Can't wait to take bike out in the morning :)

dazzor

Loving my new SC, took the baffle out and started it up in the garage. Only for my better half to say "what the hell is that the whole house is shaking" LOVE IT Can't wait to take bike out in the morning :)
Ha ha, excellent!

Do let us know on your verdict regarding baffle in/out preference for everyday riding/living with it.

The chaps on the street triple forum seem to think their SC systems are silly-loud without the baffle

vazza72

Will do update on performance and sound & some pics once ridden tomorrow. Get it ordered Darren it really does look lovely on the bike & IMHO even looks better than the Akro" (really mean that) !!

dazzor

Will do update on performance and sound & some pics once ridden tomorrow. Get it ordered Darren it really does look lovely on the bike & IMHO even looks better than the Akro" (really mean that) !!
Agree on looks, think I said almost the same thing about preferring it to the Akropovic a few posts back.

I'll be ordering it this week. [emoji2]

Will I need new gasket type thingys at the block end? (Yes, I'm that rubbish at this side of it)[emoji5]️

vazza72

Agree on looks, think I said almost the same thing about preferring it to the Akropovic a few posts back.

I'll be ordering it this week. [emoji2]

Will I need new gasket type thingys at the block end? (Yes, I'm that rubbish at this side of it)[emoji5]️
You will mate yes. Got mine from local dealer £7 EACH!! Ouch - But have seen them on eBay for about £7 pair

vazza72

I'm on it, thanks.

Looking forward to pics/update.

3 weeks you reckon? (From order to delivery)

Cheers

D
Near as - Yes. Just want to say that I really am glad I ordered SC. Looked at all other options and got to say the £250 difference on the Akrapovic is money well saved!!

dazzor

Near as - Yes. Just want to say that I really am glad I ordered SC. Looked at all other options and got to say the £250 difference on the Akrapovic is money well saved!!
Haven't got it yet and can only go by what I've seen on the Internet but....I'd go so far as to say I'd probably go for the SC over the Akropovic even if they were both circa £500.

This a 2-1 system, I think the Akropovic is silly money....Shame that a decent bike being sold at a keen price has an "endorsed" partnership with an overpriced system....seems a bit paradoxical in a way.

sven11

I can understand that most of other systems look bulky to majority of people, but I am seriously considering the ixil system. How do you think they compare to sc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk